Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

cleaning strike Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

cleaning strike Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cleaning strike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mattmania
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Master sign writer
Humor : shaken not stirred
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-10

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:55 am

Hi all, i've recently moved house and have temporarily set my tank up (not to the spot it will stay in). Its near some windows and in the afternoon it gets some sunlight and i'm gettin some algae buildup on the glass. Every morning i'm checking to see if my bristles have cleaned it over night but it appears they ain't touching it. Does any one know why this may be or has this happened to any one before?
Back to top Go down
http://www.iopenersigns.com.au
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:46 am

mattmania wrote:
Hi all, i've recently moved house and have temporarily set my tank up (not to the spot it will stay in). Its near some windows and in the afternoon it gets some sunlight and i'm gettin some algae buildup on the glass. Every morning i'm checking to see if my bristles have cleaned it over night but it appears they ain't touching it. Does any one know why this may be or has this happened to any one before?

they get used to the food you feed them so they get a little lazy as they get older...younger Bn's or fry tend to do the most cleaning...i would try and keep your tank away from direct sunlight.. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
timkel
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
timkel

Male Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : driver/fish
Humor : twisted
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-10

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 4:23 pm

I agree with Curby,but also have noticed mine will go on the glass after i have had the algae cleaner in there,it must loosen it for them lol.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:08 pm

timkel wrote:
I agree with Curby,but also have noticed mine will go on the glass after i have had the algae cleaner in there,it must loosen it for them lol.

i also agree with you on that to lol....although i never really get algae because my light is never on due to a very and i mean very fussy L182 wild male....
Ive had him a year now and he is doing my head in....always hiding in the corner of the tank..never interacting with the two female's he has...he is one moody fish...in future i will buy tank breed i think........ Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
mattmania
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 78
Job/hobbies : Master sign writer
Humor : shaken not stirred
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-10

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:40 am

Haha poor little wild fella.... okay thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.iopenersigns.com.au
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:32 pm

Curby wrote:
timkel wrote:

i also agree with you on that to lol....although i never really get algae because my light is never on due to a very and i mean very fussy L182 wild male....
Ive had him a year now and he is doing my head in....always hiding in the corner of the tank..never interacting with the two female's he has...he is one moody fish...in future i will buy tank breed i think........ Mad

ive found when buying wild cought fish its better to buy the smaller ones they seem to settle a lot better
Back to top Go down
Spreebok
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Spreebok

Female Number of posts : 190
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-26

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 12:36 am

Haha, thats what my mothers Pitbull Plecs seem to have done, I'm forever scraping algae, and usually it's the nice soft algae!
Lucky for me, my three BN's spend a lot of their time whizzing around the tank, keeping it clean Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cleaning strike Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleaning strike   cleaning strike Empty

Back to top Go down

cleaning strike
Page 1 of 1