Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What do I really need? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What do I really need? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do I really need?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Caton
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Student, hopefully going to be b/n breeder
Humor : Ninety-eight percent of Americans scream before going into a ditch on a slippery road. The other two percent are from Colorado, and say, "Hold my soda and watch this."
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-01-13

What do I really need? Empty
PostSubject: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi, I am new here but I post alot at[url=aquahobby.com/board/]Aquahobby[/url]. I just got 3 free tank's (10g, 20g, and 30g). I plan on having the 10g as a QT tank, and breeding some b/n in the 30g and rasing the juvie's in the 20g.

My water:
6.8 PH
Hardness Unkown.

I still need to cyle the tanks but I was wondering what do I need? Here is what I though I would need for te 20g and 30g.

2x sponge filter
2x heater (diffrent size's)
plenty of cave's
lot's of driftwood

Would this work?

Tip's and trick's on breeding welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 am

For most bristlenoses you need something to hold water and something for them to hide behind. Keep them warm enough and within no time you don't know what to do with all the little buggers. It seems like there isn't any rocket science behind it. Much easier than breeding gold nugget plecos!
Back to top Go down
Caton
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Humor : Ninety-eight percent of Americans scream before going into a ditch on a slippery road. The other two percent are from Colorado, and say, "Hold my soda and watch this."

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:33 am

Okay, just wondering Very Happy . I was thinking of having the tank all 'aquascaped' to make it look pretty than the grow-out tank will just have a some driftwood, bare bottem and some cave's. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:41 pm

yeah skippys right their.
just a little tip for ya put the caves facing the front of the tank and at an angle so the entrance is faceing away from the direction of the fillter flow and push the back of the cave into the gravell this helps from eggs getting pushed out of the cave and with the cave faceing the front you can keep an eye on whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 pm

lol! Ha Ha that's funny as ;
Quote :
skippy:
For most bristlenoses you need something to hold water and something for them to hide behind.
Sounds like your thinking the right way Caton, I just wouldn't worry about the caves for the grow out tank,
save them for the breeding tank.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Caton
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 pm

I am just going to have some extra plastic plant's and clay pot's in the grow-out tank so that way the fry feel more 'secure'. (I also just cant stand the though of a tank with just a filter and heater). Thank you, sound's rather easy to breed them so I will see how it go's! I still need to cycle the tank's and get filter's and a heater :afro:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do I really need?   What do I really need? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do I really need?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: