Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toddy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : plecs
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-05

commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen Empty
PostSubject: commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 pm

hi i was just wondering got a mixture of bn's in my tank was just wondering can a common bn breed with a albino if so what would happen an what fry would you get
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 am

I have a pair of albino's and a pair of browns..they both spawn between one another and you will get a mixed 50/50 spawn everytime...there are no issues with spawning the two colours.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
reticulata
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Mixing Bristlenose   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:56 am

As per above, I have a pair of longfin albino in a 20 currently doing nothing. I have a two trios of albino short fins breeding like crazy in their own 20's. I also have a female albino short fin with a long fin male calico cranking out fry like there's no tomorrow in their own 20.. I'm thinking of putting the pair of LF albinos in with the albino SF and calico LF to maybe encourage the pair of albinos. If successful, my chances of long fin fry might be better. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 1:01 pm

reticulata wrote:
As per above, I have a pair of longfin albino in a 20 currently doing nothing. I have a two trios of albino short fins breeding like crazy in their own 20's. I also have a female albino short fin with a long fin male calico cranking out fry like there's no tomorrow in their own 20.. I'm thinking of putting the pair of LF albinos in with the albino SF and calico LF to maybe encourage the pair of albinos. If successful, my chances of long fin fry might be better. Any thoughts? Thank you.

To encourage our BN's to breed, we use endlers, as with all fish, they release a hormone that is picked up by others that it's safe to get it on so to speak.

Having said that, sometimes they just won't breed no matter what you do Mad A change of tank can be all they need, or even change of partner.

I've had pairs that bred like the clappers, and then never do again, no reason to it. They weren't over bred, they had their rests etc, but it just happens.

Firstly I'd try moving them around, and seeing whether that makes a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
reticulata
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks very much for the info. I just happen to have a group of endlers. Now that you mentioned it, I remember hearing a similar trick with corys. On a water change add water from a tank of corys that had just spawned to the tank you want to spawn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen   commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen Empty

Back to top Go down

commmon bn to breed with a albino bn what would happen
Page 1 of 1