Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
winralove
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 10
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-08

can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? Empty
PostSubject: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:57 am

well the title is pretty much the question. Can i cross breed a peppermint bristlenose with an albino bristlenose?
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 pm

sorry to tell you this but no. they are infact two different species. where as commons, albinos and marbles are the same species but different color variations.
Back to top Go down
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:33 pm

actually yes they can. everyone thought it was impossible untill a guy from sydney in australia has successfully bred a longfin common female with a peppermint male. Theres a lot of speculation on this but ive been told by a reliable source here that he has actually SEEN them and they are longfin peppermints however their fins are not as long. about 3/4 length. weird eh!
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:09 pm

zane wrote:
actually yes they can. everyone thought it was impossible untill a guy from sydney in australia has successfully bred a longfin common female with a peppermint male. Theres a lot of speculation on this but ive been told by a reliable source here that he has actually SEEN them and they are longfin peppermints however their fins are not as long. about 3/4 length. weird eh!

I'd like to see pics, I've also ready about this on another forum (cannot recall which one)
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 8:09 pm

HAHA , one says no ,one says yes. By rights the answer should be "no", they are 2 different species of Ancistrus as kfenk has mentioned - not that I'm calling you a liar or anything of the sort zane and I'll happily retract my opinion when some of these Pepp longfins come on the market.
As Munter once said: I'll believe it when I see said beastie.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?   can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses? Empty

Back to top Go down

can you cross breed peppermint bristlenoses with albino bristlenoses?
Page 1 of 1