Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
laykoo
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
laykoo

Male Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : :)
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious Empty
PostSubject: Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious   Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 am

is there such a thing as longfin pepeprmint bristlenose.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious   Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:18 am

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA...this brings back memories Laughing

For those who used to be on Plecofanatics.com when it was around, im sure you all remember the massive debates that went on.

The short answer Laykoo is no, there is not. The longfin bodytype is limited to the common bristlenose, the peppermint bristlenose is a different species.

There are those who have tried to breed the two together and as far a I know they have not been suscessful. There are those who have said they have done it but they have never provided pics and as we all know, without pics, it didn't happen.

In so far as the possibility of getting one. It is suggested that all fish have the longfin gene (it is seen is some chiclids, Koi and plecos) and that it just needs to be either activated or bred into a dominant state...which is basically impossible without knowing what gene it is one or how it works.

It would be an amazing fish but alas we can only dream what it would look like Sad
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: peppermint long fin?   Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 4:54 am

so if we saw a BN that looked a little like a peppermint long fin... what would you more than likely think it is...

just wondered>?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious   Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:11 am

Hrmm, I would say that it depends on how you saw it. if you say a pic of it i would prob suggest photoshop. If you actually say what looked like a longfin peppermint in real life i would suggest it was a common longfin juvi who still had the fine marks of the fry and the white tips on its fins.

but who knows Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious   Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there longfin peppermint? im relly curious
Page 1 of 1