Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. Empty
PostSubject: Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:09 am

Ok guys and gals I have to downsize my golden apple snail population and since my breeding pair are at it like little hyper active festive bunnies I now have 4 clutches on the go and about 300-400 in my 60cm aquarium.

So I consider selling golden apple snails at 50pence each or 10 x £4.00 - prefer local pick up (close to Rotherham or Hemsworth)

Or if you want to take your chances then I could let you try your hand at growing a full clutch out at £15, though you must have the aquarium established,
and some where for the eggs to hatch (they prefer some where moist, usually in the space above the fish tank lid).
From a full clutch I usually get between 50-100 Apple snails, though you have to bear in mind some aquarium fish species can act as predators and eat the snails Sad

I will consider swaps for other aquarium items as well.

Just email me for me details, or ask Curby, Bren, Peter or Jim to give me a pm Smile

May be away from pc while decorating the new house.

I also need a van driver and plumber, so may give some fish or apple snails for some time Smile

regards

LJ

Back to top Go down
fish nut
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 56
Thank You Points : -1
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 pm

hi would you post, ?? if so how much would postage be many thanks
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: how would you post golden apple snails, or apple snail eggs?   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm

fishnut ... not sure never posted any... will look into it and get back to you...

they are light just need a plastic seal / water tight container. and possible a little damp cotton wool to keep them moist doring postal delivery,
then could post you a few as a token sample to see if they arrive safely Smile
though delivery at your expense - can not be any fairer than that,
as i will be offloading loads to the LFS shortly as having 3-4 clusters is going to spiral my tank parameters when they hatch...

it is hard enough doing a water change every two days now....

the golden apple snails retail up here between £1.75 and £2.75 each.....

I am selling them from about 1cm size at 50p each.... though as your a fellow member will do you a mate rate...Smile
since if they arrive ok... then all i can ask is you pass the site name around and ask people to check us out Smile
think curby would be ok with that, as it gets him so free publicity....

will try to bag and tag a few next week and take them to the post office to see how much they would charge for postage and let you know.

add me as a friend if you like on here then pm me later in the week.

So how would you bag and tag Golden Apple Snails or Apple Snail Egg Clusters to be sent by postal service?
Wonder if there are any special requirements......

kind regards

lj
Back to top Go down
fish nut
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 56
Thank You Points : -1
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 10:49 pm

hi mate i got a few loads sent to me, i got a few containers from when they were sent, via standard royal mail, 1st class, if you pm me your adress i will send you the containers as you can send me some and you got a couple of pots incase you need to send out others out, and il put some cash inthere for postage, let me no cheer mate
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:20 pm

I have posted Apple snails before i used a take away tub the clear ones you get with a lid put a few tinny holes in the lid and put a damp layer of kitchen roll on the bottom of the tub then the snails on top of that then another layer of damp kitchen roll over the snails, i used tank water to damp the kitchen roll, posted first class in a jiffy envelope and had no problems at all even had some turn up a few days late that still made it fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..   Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Golden Apple Snail Eggs and Clutches for Sale or Swap in Yorkshire..
Page 1 of 1