Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mello1972p
Small Fry
Small Fry
Mello1972p

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : fish fish and more fish esp bn
Humor : whitty
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-23

L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) Empty
PostSubject: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:06 am

One of my blue eyed bn l144 eyes have turned black is there anything I cand do or have I done anything wrong
Ph 6.5
Temp 26
Everything else norm
Kind reguards Phil Mad
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 am

L144's or Ancistrus sp (4), to be correct, often have black eyes, so I don't think it's anything to wory about.

If you post a pic or two it will help to confirm it's natural colouration and not an infection.

Back to top Go down
layne
Small Fry
Small Fry
layne

Female Number of posts : 21
Job/hobbies : BN's Community Tropical fish and Great Danes
Humor : Yes lol
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-02-03

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm

My lad in my profile pic has always had black eyes.
He was spawned from 2 normal browns
Back to top Go down
Mello1972p
Small Fry
Small Fry
Mello1972p

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 pm

When I. Bought them they had bright blue eyes but I've had them for 3 weeks and there eyes went black after about 1 week in my tank just thought it could be the ph or something
Ph 6.5
Temp 26
And nothing else in the tank ie ammonia no2 no3
Gh and kh ok to is there anything else I should test for

???????????????
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:32 am

What are you feeding?

I dont think there is an issue here at all, but if you are looking to see if you can bring back the blue then it may be diet related.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:00 am

Are you sure it's not the environment? Were the fishes eyes blue at the shop? Was the tank they were in lighter than yours? Just sounds very odd to me. I was under the impression the L144 had a yellow body with the normal eyes. Which are normally black. Now going by that I would say that in a brighter tank and at the right angles then the eyes would look blue where infact they are the normal black colour. Now as I live in Australia and have no access to these fish I can't speak from experience so the only way I can comment is from pictures. Also going by the pics iv seen it seems the younger lighter individuals display a more blue coloured eyes than the older darker adults which from what iv seen have black eyes. Iv never heard of bn changing eye colour before, only skin colour. This happened with my marbles where the darker tank caused them to change from the normal marble colour to a dark chocolate brown. Do you have any pics of the fish?
Back to top Go down
Mello1972p
Small Fry
Small Fry
Mello1972p

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:33 pm

I thought it mite of been the tank but I went back to we're I bought them and there tank was darker than mine so?????
As far as I not here are two different l144 blue eyed and norm I was sold mine as blue eyed in the shop they were blue and in the bag bringing them home they were blue so don't no .
I'm gonna put them on a different diet and see if that does anything .
I've been in touch with the breeder and his pair are both blue eyes so don't no lol
There in a growing on tank at the moment and there coming up to twice there size in 4 weeks .
I've removed all of the gravel cos it is far Easer to clean for me and just have to see how it goes

Kind reguards phil
Back to top Go down
layne
Small Fry
Small Fry
layne

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi mello
As you know, the L144 comes with either black or blue eyes.
They are a colour morph...the eyes are a little like the difference with albino and common, colours, changing between blue and black is not really a problem its just somthing that happens.

With the 144's there has been the odd thing said about food but I think its just wishful thinking, personally I think it just down to genetics, some from the batch keep blue eyes some then turn black.
They could possibly turn back as the fish gets older....but with regards to the fishes health nothing to worry about just one of those annoying things.
Back to top Go down
Mello1972p
Small Fry
Small Fry
Mello1972p

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Layne ,
Thanks for that it was very helpfull my friend bought some of the same batch and his have gone the same as u say it must be the geens in them and they still look good though .
Growing very very fast I'll put a pick when I can get a good one of them .
Kind reguards Phil
Back to top Go down
layne
Small Fry
Small Fry
layne

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Mello1972p wrote:
Hi Layne ,
Thanks for that it was very helpfull my friend bought some of the same batch and his have gone the same as u say it must be the geens in them and they still look good though .
Growing very very fast I'll put a pick when I can get a good one of them .
Kind reguards Phil

Hi Phil
Your more than welcome. Id love to see a picture if as and when Smile
Ive been trying for 2 days to get a decent pic of my new Bn longfin babies but they are too busy feeding on the underside of a nice peice of driftwood to come out and say cheese lol
Back to top Go down
Mello1972p
Small Fry
Small Fry
Mello1972p

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Horrrray my bn l144 two out of the four have blue eyes got a picture of them I'll put it on tomorrow I'm pleased to bits about this ..
L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) 1650918589 cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
layne
Small Fry
Small Fry
layne

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:31 pm

rofl Smile
So pleased for you L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) 1650918589
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )   L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes ) Empty

Back to top Go down

L144 blue eyes turned black (eyes )
Page 1 of 1