Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

Male Number of posts : 79
Job/hobbies : fish keeping, fishing, and rc cars
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-10

NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:11 pm

I have been all over that tank for last 5 hrs or so trying to figure out what happened. Yes it is a different tank. My 90gal is the one I have been treating and the 20gal is a different tank. Both tanks have all their own equip, including nets food, and chem. if there were ich in that tank too I'm 99% sure it wasn't from cross contamination as nothing from one tank has been anywhere near the other. The only thing possible was I used a filter pack from my 90 to seed the start up of the 20 cycle process but that was a very long time ago. Years ago. Other then that nothing has been used in both tanks. The plan was to use the 20 to move the ready to breed fish in till the babies left the cave and then I would move the male back to the 90 to house, so I wouldnt have to rip the 90 tank apart to get the babies out when they grew to moving size. Then I bought my other breeding group and put them into the 20 and bought a new 40gal breeder tank to grow out the babies in and move the ready to spawn fish to the 40gal to breed and then move them back to there housing tanks like I was originally gonna do with the 20 gal when I had the 1 breeding group of fish.
I just now put in a piece of zucchini for the babies for now until I get to the store to pick up some other food choices for them. I have 2 Lfs that are going to take the babies for store credit. I just got to start getting babies. If my other group does drop tonight or today which it looks that way then they will be getting a steady flow of babies.
My females that spawned last week in the 90gal are already pretty fat with eggs already so they will be ready to spawn again real soon too! I love this hobby! I have been keeping fish for as long as I can remember, but just recently started to breed. Except for the stress of an ich outbreak when I get my first spawn, it has been real fun! My young kids love the experience too!
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:41 pm

Glad to hear your other tank probably doesn't have the dreaded ich. You never know what may have happened, but a lot of BN are highly inbred, and that may be esp true for longfins, so perhaps it was a genetic problem.

Zucchini is fine for the babies, it's an all time favorite. You can also stick a little piece of an algae wafer into the zucchini- it will stay put and soften for the little ones.

Yeah, breeding takes things to a whole new level, doesn't it? Good you have an arrangement with the LFS, that's what I do as well (I HATE shipping!). I'm bringing in a bunch of everything (Bn, angels, fancy guppies) to mine tomorrow. NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 2333747070
Great to get the credit, I spend all my money on the darn fish anyway!

How many/how old are your kids?

Keep us posted!
Sarah
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Hi,all sounds like it is going well.Sorry to hear you lost your female.Try cutting the green beans down the middle and removing the beans and feeding the rest.If you keep adding new and removing the old,they may start trying them.Try holding off on other foods for a few days and feeding the beans instead.The babies will probably eat them though.As i say cut them down the middle length ways and remove the beans from them.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:15 am

I just took the zucchini out as they didn't go near it all day. They may still be a day away but from using up their sacs, but I did run out and get some of the un salted green beans in a can as everyone is strongly recommending them as a starter. So I think I'm going to wait till morning and put some in for them. I would like for them to be willing to eat anything that is offered so if I'm out of something, they will still eat what I have available. My adults can be picky sometimes. Just like my kids!
Back to top Go down
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 pm

Man, you guys were right, the fry love the canned green beans!! They are killing them!! It's like they have never eaten before every time I put some fresh beans in!! Thanks for the advice
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

That is good to hear,but don't forget to give them other different foods aswell.It is good to know they are doing well.

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

PostSubject: Need some advice guys!   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 pm

I have a brown sub adult female that I have had since she was an inch. About 3-4 months ago I noticed she is real fat but it doesnt look like she is gravid, and kind of looks like it may be blout. The only thing throwing me off is, it's been atleast 3.5-4 months since I noticed it, she has not got any bigger or smaller, she is a ferocious eater, acts completely normal, and poops all the time just like the rest of them. Now, I have never delt with blout but I have done my research, and I can't find anything saying that a fish with blout would have the condition stay consistent over a period of time. Either they get better, or get worse, or die. I tried to post up a pic of her up with this post, but I cant figure out how to get them into my photo gallery to put them in posts. I just got a new iPad mini to replace my old notebook, and I have been able to attach pics to anything at all yet. Anyways, anybody have any ideas?? From her belly she looks fat almost like she swallowed a marble, from top view she looks super gravid, and from a side view she looks like she almost has a hunched back. Again she seems like and acts like a 100% healthy pleco, except for her appearance, and has normal stool.
???????????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
GFYS
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 68
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2013-01-06

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:02 am

I use clout for 2 days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.   NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP HERE! ICH in my tank. Can I treat.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2