Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

Male Number of posts : 79
Job/hobbies : fish keeping, fishing, and rc cars
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-10

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio Empty
PostSubject: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Well just like topic says......
1. Will a proven pair of bn Plecos spawn while there are 1 inch fry in the same tank? The male doesn't let anyone near his cave, but the fry from last batch go in and out of cave and male allows it. Will that prevent them from spawning again? The two females are super gravid, and last two times they would have done the deed by now.
2. I have a proven long fin male, 2short fin albino female spawning trio, and would like to ad another adult proven long fin brown female to the trio. Will the new female spawn with the long fin albino male, when he has always been spawning with the 2short fin females? Will the male let her spawn with him? Will the Dom short fin albino female allow her to spawn with them? Will the long fin brown female spawn with the male?
I'm still kinda new to the bn spawning world, even though I have 5 spawns under my belt with two different groups, so some advice would be welcome!
Back to top Go down
dlj76us
Small Fry
Small Fry

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-08-12

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 7:42 pm

1. It didn't prevent my male from spawning again and again having fry in the tank but your BN may be different.

2. The problem probably won't be adding the female as most males will just do it up with whoever shows up. The problem i see is that if the females don't all spawn at 1 time and he is continually watching the eggs or wrigglers that he will not ever have a chance to relax, build himself back up to spawn again.

DLJ
Back to top Go down
aidenh48
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
aidenh48

Male Number of posts : 79
Job/hobbies : fish keeping, fishing, and rc cars
Registration date : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:05 pm

The reason I want to ad the long fin brown female to the trio, is for a couple reasons...
A. The albino trio is 1long fin albino male and 2short fin albino females, and they only produce short fin albino fry. So I want to spawn a long fin female with the male
B. I have the long fin brown female already
C. I don't want to split up the proven, reliable trio
D. I may get a mixed batch of fry
The 2 short fin females always spawn the same night, and the long fin brown female is a proven female, just hasn't bred for me yet as she has been in quar for last month. I originally bought her for a different male, but I really want some long fin fry.
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:21 pm

dlj76us wrote:
1. It didn't prevent my male from spawning again and again having fry in the tank but your BN may be different.

2. The problem probably won't be adding the female as most males will just do it up with whoever shows up. The problem i see is that if the females don't all spawn at 1 time and he is continually watching the eggs or wrigglers that he will not ever have a chance to relax, build himself back up to spawn again.

DLJ

Exactly right. Most of my males seem to know enough to take a break and let another male have a turn. I have one in particular that doesn't. If I don't remove him from the colony, he will bring another female in to lay before the previous spawn has even vacated. I always have to remove him with his second spawn to another tank, let him raise those, then leave him there without any girls for a few weeks. Otherwise he would literally spawn himself to death. The tank is full of fry of all ages, that doesn't seem to matter to this particular male. Interestingly, he is the smallest of the males, I guess he's overcompensating....

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 pm

aidenh48 wrote:
The reason I want to ad the long fin brown female to the trio, is for a couple reasons...
A. The albino trio is 1long fin albino male and 2short fin albino females, and they only produce short fin albino fry. So I want to spawn a long fin female with the male
B. I have the long fin brown female already
C. I don't want to split up the proven, reliable trio
D. I may get a mixed batch of fry
The 2 short fin females always spawn the same night, and the long fin brown female is a proven female, just hasn't bred for me yet as she has been in quar for last month. I originally bought her for a different male, but I really want some long fin fry.

Shocked If you want long fins, put just her and your long fin male together for the next spawn. Take out the standard fin females. You needn't worry about splitting anybody up, BN are not monogamous. You can put your other females back in anytime you want. One male really shouldn't be expected to deal with three females anyway!

Even angelfish, though they form strong pair bonds, aren't usually that difficult to move onto a different mate, I do it often. From what I can tell, BN don't really form such bonds. Males are interested in any ripe female, and a gravid female may have a preference, but if he's out of town she's not about to remain celibate if his good looking cousin is around. drunken

What I'm trying to say, is to breed for exactly what you want, not numbers. You'll run out of room quickly if you don't. (You'll still run out of room, just more slowly if you do Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio 1514952399 )

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio   Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio Empty

Back to top Go down

Will breeding pair spawn with fry in same tank 2.can I add a new female to trio
Page 1 of 1