Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kmmoua2
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 1
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-01-06

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? Empty
PostSubject: PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?   PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Greetings fellow Bristlenose pleco fans, I recently brought a Super red pleco from aquabid seller, but I think he switch the female hoping I wouldn't realize, But what do you guys think?

He claims the original fish I brought breed the night before. So he proposed that If I give him an extra $80 he will buy me a female and male german strain super red (so a pair) from his supplier who gets them from Germany and will also give a young male, plus the proven Female for $90 I already paid.

I believe he switch the female I brought through him. Here are links/pictures he sent me of the fish he brought from his supplier.

1) Female ( stated in e-mail that "this is is your female")
http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=accf6dfa2433f69d44fd&p=1

2) Male (stated in e-mail that "this is is your male")
http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=accf6dfa2433f69d44fd&p=2

REASON FOR DOUBT
---In picture you can use the drift wood in the back to estimate the both the male and female are of similar size (width and length.
---Notice the female has very little black pigmentation

3) Picture taken of what seller claim to be the same female, (take day of arrival)
http://www.use.com/supersize.pl?set=accf6dfa2433f69d44fd&p=3

-the male is the same ( can tell by bristles), but the female is very small compared to the male and NOTICE there are an increase of black pigmentation in comparison to Image(1) of the female above

Do you guys think he switch the female and used part of my $80 to buy himself a female super red or am I just being paranoid?

can plecos increase black pigmentation by that much in 2 days of shipping and shrink that small?
Back to top Go down
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?   PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 6:38 am

I think it is the same fish,
On the front fins there are black patches in both pictures, If she was gravid & laid, she would have shrunk.
The black pigmentation on the back of the fish could be burns from Ammonia (bad water) or stress.

They look lovely, I hate the AUS import restrictions Sad
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?   PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 12:52 am

yeah, I think it is the same fish. the stress colours make it hard to tell as well as the slightly blury image in the second ones.

At the end of the day, she looks like a healthy breeding age female and that's is what I would be after Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?   PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish? Empty

Back to top Go down

PLEASE help need you opinions, Did this Aquabid Seller switch the female fish?
Page 1 of 1