Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnnyAMH
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Retired/Tropical Fish Breeding
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-19

How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco... Empty
PostSubject: How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco...   How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 3:46 am

My question is regarding the fins of Bristlenose Pleco. More specify, how to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco other than the length of the fins. I get it that Longfin Bristlenose have longer fins than Standard Bristlenose. That’s not my question.

My question concerns the rays in the fins of Bristlenose. Angelfish with Veil tails have multiple extensions at the end of each ray. Standard fin Angelfish does not have multiple extensions. Can Longfin Bristlenose be distinguished from Standard fin Bristlenose in the same manner?

While I’m asking, is there such a thing as a Super Longfin Bristlenose Pleco? Again, I am relating back to what I know about Angelfish fins and genetics. Angelfish can be either Standard fin, Veil or Super Veil. Is the same thing true with Bristlenose? I have researched and have not found the answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance... How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco... 3235774899
Back to top Go down

How to distinguish Longfin from the Standard fin Bristlenose Pleco...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: