Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
marlin08
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-04

LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... Empty
PostSubject: LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...   LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:34 am

I just got 5 LF BN babies (about 1.5 to 2.5 inches) that were shipped to me and several have broken pecs. 2 have little stumps where the bone broke off and is gone and one is broken but the broken piece is still attached. Otherwise, they seem very healthy.
I've got them in .1% salt and about to add Melafix. Is there anything else I can do or anything I need to watch for?
Fancy Goldies are what I know, I've got 2 other BN plecos but have only had them a couple of months. Can anyone advise me? Will they always be nubs or can they grow back ?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...   LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 am

Disaster story, that's a bit of bad luck with your little bristlies marlin08.
I don't like your chances of the pectoral fins growing back completely, depending on how bad the damage was
depends on how well they will recover, they'll probably live out a happy life and could even breed.
The little bit of salt and melafix will work well to heal the fins up- good thinking Good Job .
Back to top Go down
marlin08
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-04

PostSubject: Re: LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...   LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 am

Thank you for responding.
Yes, a couple of them look like the short fin BN on one side...
No redness evident yet and they are happily munching on blanched zucchini and bathing in salt and Melafix after a water change this evening so hopefully all is well...
I did learn that if the bone breaks and is detached, the broken piece often disappears by morning ...I've got 3 with one side short.
Hope they'll be able to swim ok like this.
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...   LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:13 pm

I'd myaxin instead of Melafix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...   LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs... Empty

Back to top Go down

LF Albino BN babies with broken pecs...
Page 1 of 1