Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

my common bn have these white spots over them help needed Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

my common bn have these white spots over them help needed Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my common bn have these white spots over them help needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toddy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : plecs
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-05

my common bn have these white spots over them help needed Empty
PostSubject: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:42 pm

hi there i am in need of some good help please i put my bn in my tank around 3 weeks ago now they seemed fine but now all of a sudden they all have these little white spots on them i was wondering if this could white spot or not i have just removed everything from my external filter an started treating them for white spot just in case because i wouldn like to lose any as any1 got any thoughts on this thanks
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 pm

yep sounds like it any pics also what you removed from the fillter?????..
all you need to remove is any carbon. dont remove anything else or your going to loose your bio and the fish will die without any.
put some aquirium salt in their 3grams to 25 ltrs and treat with protazin this will sort them out are any other fish showing signs of white spot???? as they seem to show signs of white spot before bristlenose do.
Back to top Go down
toddy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 57
Job/hobbies : plecs
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:22 pm

i have the tetrtec ex 700 an i have taken it all out because im note sure what the carbon i looked on the indtruction book i have but none of it makes any sence all that come out of the filter was little white filter rings bio filter balls some sponge an a bean bag with blue bits of gravel in it can you give me any more help please with this info i have give you thanks
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 pm

you need to put the fillter back carbon is black. either in cranuels or thin black sponges this should be the second one down from the top.
also if you have another tank and fillter you need to take a sponge out of it and squese into the fillter you took appart
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 3:37 pm

ps the bag with the blue gravel may be it but ive never seen blue carbon
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 pm

White-spot is an extremely common disease caused by the protozoan Ichthyophthirius multifiliis.

Signs

- Small, slightly raised white spots occurring singularly or in groups as the disease becomes more advanced. In the most advanced stages the fish may appear as if it has been sprinkled with salt or sugar.

- Scratching or flicking

- As the infestation becomes more advanced, panting and heavy breathing will become apparent.

Cause

- The white spots are caused by the protozoan Ichthyophthirius multifiliis during the parasitic stage of it's life cycle.

Transmission

- See "Life-cycle of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis" detailed below.

Treatment

- Fortunately white-spot is normally easy to treat and medications can be purchased from any fish store.

- It is essential that the directions of the treatment are followed even if the spots have gone as the protozoan is only treatable during it's free swimming stages and not continuing treatment can mean the spots will return in greater numbers.

Life Cycle of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis

1. The parasite attaches itself to the body of the fish during it's feeding /growing stage (trophont).

2. The mature parasite drops from the fish onto the substrate

3. The parasite reproduces within the substrate as a tomont or "cyst"

4. Cyst begins to divide

5. Cyst release 250 to 2000 infective stages

6. The infective stages (theronts or "swarmers") swim in the water in search of a new host - this is the only stage in the life-cycle in which the parasite is susceptible to treatments.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:45 pm

Good posting Deano.... Good Job
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:51 pm

High toddy , pix would help the cause in I.Ding if it is white spot, if it is you'll need to treat your filter media too to clean the bug out of it.
Turning your tank temp up a little will also help the treatment (white spot thrives better in cooler water- this is why gold fish are so prone to getting the disease)
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my common bn have these white spots over them help needed   my common bn have these white spots over them help needed Empty

Back to top Go down

my common bn have these white spots over them help needed
Page 1 of 1