Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What to stick with? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What to stick with? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What to stick with?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Spreebok
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Spreebok

Female Number of posts : 190
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-26

What to stick with? Empty
PostSubject: What to stick with?   What to stick with? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 pm

I recently made up a nice little slate cave, only to have my godfathers Skunk + Pakistani loaches knock it down (they're on 'loan' as snail control lol)
But this got me thinking, I wouldn't want this to happen with any of my plecs inside, so could you lots suggest anything to stick the two pieces together at the top?
I DO have a small tube of aquarium silicone, buuut it's quite old, my grandad gave it to me, and I reckon it's all solidified. If there is still any stuff in there, would it still be safe to use?
If not, would normal silicon be okay?
I've heard about superglue as well?

I mean, if I can get a hold of something, I may be able to get a hold of the remaining slab of slate in the garden, smash it up and use it to create something much more interesting lol!

Thanks in advance everyone!
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What to stick with?   What to stick with? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Personally, I would only use aquarium silicon ........ I have heard you can use superglue (even on the fish and snails) but for the amount you would need to stick a cave together you may as well get aquarium sealant.

Never be tempted to use anything else, no matter how little, as it can have a devastating effect on your whole tanks inhabitants.

As for snails, get some assasins. They won't knock anything over, and really do keep them under control.
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: What to stick with?   What to stick with? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 pm

High Spreebok, I have used 2 part super glue for fixing filter impeller's and small things , just let it cure for 24hrs and give it a wash, as for your cave dilema: I'd go and buy a new tube of AQ safe silicone- same do let it cure properly and give it a good wash and seeing as you have a whole tube to work with you can go crazy on the slab out the back and create something special Shocked
cheers J
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What to stick with?   What to stick with? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:29 pm

i make my own caves and just use aquarium silicone best ive found is bondit HA6 really good.
Back to top Go down
Spreebok
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Spreebok

Female Number of posts : 190
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-26

PostSubject: Re: What to stick with?   What to stick with? EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:17 pm

All righty, verdict seems to be to buy new stuff! Very Happy
Good idea too, I reckon that stuff grandad gave me is about 10 years old lol! Very Happy

Just bought a 310ml tube, see how that goes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to stick with?   What to stick with? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to stick with?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Tank/Water/Filters-
Jump to: