Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help wanted Grey Albino

Go down 
+3
Bristles2009
Curby
"L Number mad
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Bristles2009 wrote:
Thanks curby, wouldn't like my chances after how "L number mad" was treated, have 3 aquariums running. tonight the water issue still hits me in the face, tested the ph of my fry tank with 6 week old albino common anistrus fry. Which i do 50% water changes every other day.

Ph is 5.5 on nutrafin test kit and 6.0 on the API test kit!!! am thinking what the hell is going on????

tested ph in other 2 tanks fine thank goodness but was going to do wc on both of them, which means now i have to buy buffer powder and invest in r.o. tub along with r.o. water when i go to work.

am going to note all the extra expense its costing me in my lovely letter to the water board.

not to mention the massive skin rash on my right arm!!!! which is related.....fit for human constumption, bath and shower (my backside)

Instead of an RO system where there is an awful lot of wastage, why don't instead invest in a HMA unit? We got ours from Here and this is the actual filter we have. We also use if for drinking, and believe me water has never tasted soooo good LOL

It does slow down the speed of the water, but that's not a problem either Smile

Oh, and no, I ain't on commission lol!
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:49 am

Angi-N-Wayne wrote:
Bristles2009 wrote:
Thanks curby, wouldn't like my chances after how "L number mad" was treated, have 3 aquariums running. tonight the water issue still hits me in the face, tested the ph of my fry tank with 6 week old albino common anistrus fry. Which i do 50% water changes every other day.

Ph is 5.5 on nutrafin test kit and 6.0 on the API test kit!!! am thinking what the hell is going on????

tested ph in other 2 tanks fine thank goodness but was going to do wc on both of them, which means now i have to buy buffer powder and invest in r.o. tub along with r.o. water when i go to work.

am going to note all the extra expense its costing me in my lovely letter to the water board.

not to mention the massive skin rash on my right arm!!!! which is related.....fit for human constumption, bath and shower (my backside)

Instead of an RO system where there is an awful lot of wastage, why don't instead invest in a HMA unit? We got ours from Here and this is the actual filter we have. We also use if for drinking, and believe me water has never tasted soooo good LOL

how much would it cost to set this up????
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 5:33 pm

Angi-N-Wayne wrote:
Bristles2009 wrote:

i was thinking about a HMA unit but i live in a flat and the only place it could realy go is under the sink and there isnt a real lot of room..... a lot of people i know prefer them to RO filters due to the fact RO wastes lots of water
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 pm

well mine are doing ok with normal treated tap water touch wood lol...
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Curby wrote:
well mine are doing ok with normal treated tap water touch wood lol...

mine are to touch wood
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:44 pm

We live in a flat too, although we have dedicated the 6' X 6' utility/storage room to be the fish room. This is next to the bathroom and we just knocked a hole through (under the bath) and joined into the cold water there, and then just installed an outdoor tap lol!

These HMA filters are basically for drinking water, and are supposed to be under the sink, infact, they come with a small tap that you can install next to the sink so that you only use the filtered water for what is needed.

We used to only use tap water, but after the floods, and the overfeeding of the fish whilst we were away (we were on our hols), we needed to do a water change. It's thought that they put phosphates or something in the water coz we lost 75% of our fish in 1 hour Sad Funningly enough the ones that made it through were the Discus and a few cory's.

I know that's it's taken us a while to get an HMA, but I was beginning to feel our luck was gonna run out soon and so we got the one we have now and wish we had done it a hell of a lot sooner.

The total cost was about £50 (don't quote me LOL) and worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Bristles2009
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 47
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 pm

So far so good, i bought some Re-mineraliser to treat my source water and managed to bring the water ph back to normal, no further deaths to report. keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Bristles2009 wrote:
So far so good, i bought some Re-mineraliser to treat my source water and managed to bring the water ph back to normal, no further deaths to report. keep you posted.

hopefully thing are on the way up..just a shame you had to loose so many fish in the first place..good luck bristles Smile
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Angi-N-Wayne wrote:
We live in a flat too, although we have dedicated the 6' X 6' utility/storage room to be the fish room. This is next to the bathroom and we just knocked a hole through (under the bath) and joined into the cold water there, and then just installed an outdoor tap lol!

These HMA filters are basically for drinking water, and are supposed to be under the sink, infact, they come with a small tap that you can install next to the sink so that you only use the filtered water for what is needed.

We used to only use tap water, but after the floods, and the overfeeding of the fish whilst we were away (we were on our hols), we needed to do a water change. It's thought that they put phosphates or something in the water coz we lost 75% of our fish in 1 hour Sad Funningly enough the ones that made it through were the Discus and a few cory's.

I know that's it's taken us a while to get an HMA, but I was beginning to feel our luck was gonna run out soon and so we got the one we have now and wish we had done it a hell of a lot sooner.

The total cost was about £50 (don't quote me LOL) and worth every penny.

thanks for that think i may well still get on then lol!
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Bristles2009 wrote:

fingers crossed there will be no more losses keep us posted
Back to top Go down
Bristles2009
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Yep will do,i did what you suggested i put in some cheaper fish so i bought 8 Lampeyes and they been there for a week and no problems so far. Am wondering whether to remove my mangrove roots that are in my 3ft tank as i notice little brown mites around the waterline, does/has anyone else noticed these while keeping the same wood?? Be a shame as they nice and twisty and look good with java fern attached to the various branches.
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Bristles2009 wrote:
Yep will do,i did what you suggested i put in some cheaper fish so i bought 8 Lampeyes and they been there for a week and no problems so far. Am wondering whether to remove my mangrove roots that are in my 3ft tank as i notice little brown mites around the waterline, does/has anyone else noticed these while keeping the same wood?? Be a shame as they nice and twisty and look good with java fern attached to the various branches.

can you get some pics of the brown mites you mension?
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm

would be interesting to see...brown mite's hhmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
"L Number mad
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 12-38

Male Number of posts : 223
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:47 pm

yer i hope she has no more deaths,

i was gutted when she told my old females died 😢 at least they spawned though
Back to top Go down
Bristles2009
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm

I was gutted too one minute they were fine and the next they had gone, i been keeping fish for 7 years approx. It put me into total shock.....i still put it down to tap supply.

Can't give you a pic as they wouldn't show up on the camera, they really tiny brown mite things (wood mites?) along the waterline and the dry part of my filter.

Thought it might be relevant...lol

Am gonna keep a couple of the spawn "L Number Mad" still expect them to come swimming out just like my Bamboo Shrimp which i thought deceased

rendeer MORE SNOW on the way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted Grey Albino   Help wanted Grey Albino - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Help wanted Grey Albino
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Pleco Hospital-
Jump to: