Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

ID this please... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

ID this please... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ID this please...

Go down 
+4
deano
Amber
Jagtazman
wolverine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Can someone id this for me please....

ID this please... Albino15
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-27

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Looks to be a common albino to me
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:11 pm

It doesn't look like a BN to me, my guess would be a juvenile albino sailfin (Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps) I know they have a true red eyed albino form. Also the pattern that is visible in the tail is consistent with that species to my mind anyway. What I think of as common (Pterygoplichthys pardalis or disjunctivus) has an "albino" form but I don't think it's red eyed. They may have a red eyed form also, but the only ones I've seen have dark eyes.
I'm not trying to be a snot or know it all with the scientific names, it's just that with all the different common names that vary by location it was the only way I could think of to be clear.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: unsure...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:12 pm

unsure, as I Have a couple of albino's -

this albino as red eyes and black circles on its fin and tail,...

my other albino as black eyes and no circles or lines on it's fins or tail.....

so wondered what the Lnumbers were and the difference between the two regarding L numbers as such...

the other is here below......

ID this please... Albino17
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 pm

The dark eyed fellow is an L-144, the color morph not the species. My ID for your other fish is a guess, but I'm sure on this one.
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm

im with amber albino gibby.
the other is defo a L144 bristlenose male
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 am

definately an albino gibby. http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=148
hope you have a big tank coz they grow over a foot long Shocked
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: you kidding me... lol   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 am

god you got to be joking me... the lfs store sold it as a normal albino bristlenose, but after growing nearly two inches in 3 weeks
and the markings on the tail and fin i thought it was a sailfin and amber as helped me id it....

now looks like the next tank upgrade may be due in about 6 months time instead of the 12 months as planned lol...

wait till i see the owner of that lfs again....

weird thing is when i bought the fish it looked well underfed and nearly white and its come along very quickly in the last
few weeks and has changed to a stronger colour Smile

at least as i seem to know more about pleco's than they do means i get a bargain quite often from them...lol...

which helps right now....

must admit i have grown attached to this one.. so if it keeps growing as nice as it is now then the bigger tank might be my next upgrade at christmas.... all i need now is a back up for the occasional power cuts and that back up is on its way very shortly...

many thanks.. :P
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 am

Iam with Amber and iam 100% she is correct....
And they dont no what they are talking about if they sold you a gibby as a bristlenose... Laughing
either way its a nice looker but may outgrow your tank... Twisted Evil

Oh and great looking male L-144....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:02 am

um never seen an albino gibby before lol!
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:00 am

Nope neither have i.... Laughing Laughing

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/image.php?species=pterygoplichthys+gibbiceps&image_id=597

:roll:
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 am

Jagtazman wrote:

that is a supprise with all the shops you visit lol!
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 am

deano wrote:
Jagtazman wrote:

that is a supprise with all the shops you visit lol!

very true but if not looking for them don't tend to see them, I only tend to look for what I am after otherwise I'd need more tanks ............ :roll:
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am

wolverine wrote:
god you got to be joking me... the lfs store sold it as a normal albino bristlenose, but after growing nearly two inches in 3 weeks
and the markings on the tail and fin i thought it was a sailfin and amber as helped me id it....

now looks like the next tank upgrade may be due in about 6 months time instead of the 12 months as planned lol...

wait till i see the owner of that lfs again....

weird thing is when i bought the fish it looked well underfed and nearly white and its come along very quickly in the last
few weeks and has changed to a stronger colour Smile

at least as i seem to know more about pleco's than they do means i get a bargain quite often from them...lol...

which helps right now....

must admit i have grown attached to this one.. so if it keeps growing as nice as it is now then the bigger tank might be my next upgrade at christmas.... all i need now is a back up for the occasional power cuts and that back up is on its way very shortly...

many thanks.. :P

Sorry about your LFS. But cheers to you for keeping the fish regardless!! LOL...Instead of taking the fish back...I'll just get a bigger tank!! cheers
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: thank you guys and gals...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:47 pm

thank you for your support, i am fairly new to pleco housing, breeding and feeding....lol...

though have a pretty good support network......, try to stay educated,
and know some good local breeders in barnsley, will point them this way too.....

wish i could say the same for the cory's they seem to get sudden death, or attacked by the fighter or pleco's defending their young.. Sad(

really pleased you like the albino gibby, think it is turning out to be a gorgeous pleco, lol..
who would believe that i would be saying that.... pmsl..

to be honest it is a pain being out of work... there was another one which was pearl white and the same as this but my birthday funds only allowed me this buy and some food right now:((

though i gather with it growing so fast means it is well settled in the new set up.

the L144 is from a breeder in barnsley who helps run another alternate web site ;-))
she looks after me with her prize selection of bristlenose, and new mating pairs occasionally...

she can also be found under aq-classifieds.....

hmm now just waiting for a lfs to close so i can get a decent size fish tank for my next upgrade.....

as we speak it appears that my heater has gone down in small 5 gallon clear seal tank,
a quick speedy swap with my spare heater, and now my spare heater I have replaced it with as
decided to get a faulty thermostat adjuster... ouchhh.... just glad it is really warm and that tank is still
showing 80degrees with no working heater in there....

who would have believed I would get two faulty heaters at the same time Sad

regards

LJ

Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm

I was given a heater with my wife's 29 gallon. The original owner didn't use it because she kept her house around 75F or 23C. We keep our house around 70F or 21C. Tried to adjust the thermostat on the heater and it broke off. Luckily it runs right at 79F or 26C. Got lucky there.

Sorry to hear you are out of work. That seems to be an ever increasing trend now days. Not that people don't want to work...its just hard to find work.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: i know what you mean...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Bwompus wrote:
I was given a heater with my wife's 29 gallon. The original owner didn't use it because she kept her house around 75F or 23C. We keep our house around 70F or 21C. Tried to adjust the thermostat on the heater and it broke off. Luckily it runs right at 79F or 26C. Got lucky there.

Sorry to hear you are out of work. That seems to be an ever increasing trend now days. Not that people don't want to work...its just hard to find work.

B- I know waht you mean...

applied for ten jobs in two weeks, todays was the 2nd interview so should know by friday if i got the job....

hope so have some kayaking meet to go to this weekend and dont have the funds, then need a new heater....

i have both heaters in two standing buckets of treated water right now, just on soak test to see if i can get them to stick at 78-80, so I can use one back in the tank before the weather drops cooler...

will use the water to do a partial change on my third tank later tonight.... pending the temp of water being ok...lol
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Good luck with it!!
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: why thankyou kindly..   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:19 pm

why thank you kindly....
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

Gemma by any chance mate? that's where I got myL144's from earlier this year cheers
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: howdy dudey ...lol   ID this please... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:41 pm

howdy dudey... small world... gemma is one of the people Smile

her dad is helping her out alot at the moment and think she could be over run with too many BN...lol
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:59 pm

off topic but....Good luck with your interviews..
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: interviews   ID this please... EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:38 pm

thanks for all wishing me well for interviews... been out of work 18 months and times are hardly easy at the moment....

interview i had last week I have not heard any thing as yet, I do have a three hour assessment tomorrow for another post, so hope one of the two will need to some thing shortly Smile

thanks once again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ID this please... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID this please...   ID this please... Empty

Back to top Go down

ID this please...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The I.D Labratory-
Jump to: