Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 am

Hi guys and gals...

just like to say what a lovely forum and place to be....

thanks to deano, curby and amber for help id'ing my plecos Smile

I live in Rotherham, South yorkshire, and growing up I used to keep tropical fish and cold water fish with my father...

and we used to breed koi, and other cold water fish....

now 35 years later I have returned to the fish world to keep pleco, and other assorted fish.....

i have two breeding pairs-- I have L144, albino sailfin(according to amber thanks in advance) i was having trouble labelling this from the lfs,,,,

seems i know more about the plecos than the store lol.......and I have only been breeding them about a year,,.....

I also have clown pleco, and bristlenose and A. temminkii (Valenciennes 1840) , a few corys, mollys, and guppies spread over three tanks right now..... (26 gallon/22gallon/5gallon)

right now I have a temminkii explosion, since my breeding pair seem to be breeding about every three weeks now and I have 95 baby pleco's in a 26gallon tank...... just thank god i have two fluval 3 filters in there right now....

and the plecos are not that old ... so weekly water changes are helping keeping the tank cultured...

though recently I lost my panda cory's to a territorial fighter so not right happy, needless to say the fighter is removed to a small 5 gallon of his own.

And the first baby pleco's should be getting ready to go in about 4 weeks and then I will probably put some in the trade forum on here........

so watch for some super quality bargains Smile

looking for some help and new friends who wanna share their pleco experiences.....

speak soon .. and happy pleco keeping...
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:24 am

Welcome the forums mate.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:13 am

cheers Welcome aboard mate.. cheers
Great Intro and looking forward to your super bargains.. Twisted Evil
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:38 am

hi mate welcome aboard another south yorkshire lad to the forum.
what lfs do you use mate.
Back to top Go down
Bwompus
V.I.P Member
Bwompus

Male Number of posts : 541
Job/hobbies : ZOMBIES!!, Horror movies, aquariums, fishing, drag racing, 4 wheeling, camping, etc etc
Humor : lots
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

Welcome!! cheers
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: deano lfs...   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 pm

deano..

i tend to use Aqua Inn at Wombwell near Barnsley for cheap pleco's... mention my name LeeJ (the pleco breeder from Bolton).... though they need bulking up as I personally think they are underfed here a little, but some of my best have been from here.. though not a wide range of fish here....

they do show interest and are willing to learn from breeders, and they have educated me with some other aspects..

never too old to learn hey......

check out my update in the lfs section....

will update there, though reluctant to shame some stores until some of you guys have checked them out too....

yeah--yorkshire born and bred.... and get about a little with voluntary work too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire   Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Introduction Section :: New Members-
Jump to: