Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

Male Number of posts : 32
Job/hobbies : xbox live,movies,pets/fishkeeping/facebook
Humor : unique
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... Empty
PostSubject: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Yesterday i took nrly all of my convicts down to pets at home (didnt want too but it was the only place in town that seeme to want any) i was very reluctant when i got down there as they had lots of dead and dying fish then i had to tell the asistant manager that shed have to take the oscars out of the tank she planned to put them in first unless she was planning on giving the oscars a banquet!
ive pretty much decided that im gonna rehome the breeding pair of adults ive got simple because its pretty boring just having the two fish in such a big tank and if i put anything else in there theyll kill it (they recently killed a common plec inside of 90 minutes!) the tank will then more than likely become my new livebrear tank and my current livebearer tank will become my fry tank
also fished out 30 of my baby britslenose and took them into maidenhead today woulda taken them all but after catching thirty my back was killing me lol i got 30 quid store credit woohoo i was well happy with that i bought two new synos (synodontis schoutedeni)and 3 bandit cichlids and still have more bristlenose to take in so think ill likely spend that on dry goods as opposed to fish next time i must have given away over twenty bristlenose to various friends etc plus i still have a good twenty left here i lost 6 out of the whole batch that was when they were only a few weeks old though so my initial estimate of 40-50 fry was a bit off lol
i was very very tempted by some calico bristlenose they had but at 12 quid and they were about the size of the ones i was taking in i thought it a bit too risky considering the sizes of all my other various fish had it been bigger i woulda snapped it up!
sorry for my prolonged absence but i have just spent 5 weeks on my back unable to walk im sorta back on my feet now i can walk around a bit but standing still is very painfull but im getting around im just a bit slow lol debateing taking some more bristlies in and buying that calico hmmmmmmm
hope everyones ok best wishes

Paul
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:43 am

its always sad when you see a shop like that. There are some shops near me that i dont sell to as they simply dont look after their fish.

sounds like a plan with the tanks too, personally i have never seen the attraction to convicts. I used to breed blue acaras, much more attractive IMO but each to their own. what sort of live bearer are you thinking? I have often wondered what a massive tank with a whole mess of guppies would look like...

sorry to hear about your back. Damn annoying things back when they dont work. I too have suffered the weeks of lying on my back and even rolling over its painful. not good!

Back to top Go down
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks doug well the convicts were originally rescued my uncle had them in a coldwater tank with goldfish and believe me u wouldnt believe the state of the tank if i told u it hadnt been touched in 6 months or more the water was barely trickling out of a very clogged fluval 3 (when i took it out of the water gunk poured out thicker than gravy) i changed 2 thirds of the water and topped the tank up it was still too green to see the fish!!! i took the convicts from him i told him theyre tropical fish and not to be kept in coldwater and he just said if i turn the heater on they wont stop breeding !! ooh i wanted to slap him
so i took the convicts planned to nurse them back to health as they were in poor condition only being fed goldfish sticks!!they look fantastic now but obviously nobody wants them
as for the livebearer tank i already have a livebrear tank in the kitchen its only 2x1x1 but has guppys platys and swords in it id move them into the big tank and heavily plant it out and add a few bristlies i never really wanted to keep livebearers but it think itd be nice to have something in the frontroom thats bright and colourfull
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Thank goodness you saved them...
Good for you...I applaud your conviction...
Nice one

Sorry to read you been off your feet , it sux, I know,
Good to see you're recovering...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Mooo wrote:
...I applaud your conviction...

lol!
classic pun!
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

Male Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : fish keeping, bmxing, gears of war 2
Humor : thats what she said !!!!!!
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 am

paulie78 wrote:
Yesterday i took nrly all of my convicts down to pets at home (didnt want too but it was the only place in town that seeme to want any) i was very reluctant when i got down there as they had lots of dead and dying fish then i had to tell the asistant manager that shed have to take the oscars out of the tank she planned to put them in first unless she was planning on giving the oscars a banquet!
ive pretty much decided that im gonna rehome the breeding pair of adults ive got simple because its pretty boring just having the two fish in such a big tank and if i put anything else in there theyll kill it (they recently killed a common plec inside of 90 minutes!) the tank will then more than likely become my new livebrear tank and my current livebearer tank will become my fry tank
also fished out 30 of my baby britslenose and took them into maidenhead today woulda taken them all but after catching thirty my back was killing me lol i got 30 quid store credit woohoo i was well happy with that i bought two new synos (synodontis schoutedeni)and 3 bandit cichlids and still have more bristlenose to take in so think ill likely spend that on dry goods as opposed to fish next time i must have given away over twenty bristlenose to various friends etc plus i still have a good twenty left here i lost 6 out of the whole batch that was when they were only a few weeks old though so my initial estimate of 40-50 fry was a bit off lol
i was very very tempted by some calico bristlenose they had but at 12 quid and they were about the size of the ones i was taking in i thought it a bit too risky considering the sizes of all my other various fish had it been bigger i woulda snapped it up!
sorry for my prolonged absence but i have just spent 5 weeks on my back unable to walk im sorta back on my feet now i can walk around a bit but standing still is very painfull but im getting around im just a bit slow lol debateing taking some more bristlies in and buying that calico hmmmmmmm
hope everyones ok best wishes

Paul
pets at home dont normaly take fish do they as there a franchize or thats what my local tells me
Back to top Go down
http://chesterfield-aquarist-society.webeden.co.uk/
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:10 am

paulie78 wrote:
Thanks doug well the convicts were originally rescued my uncle had them in a coldwater tank with goldfish and believe me u wouldnt believe the state of the tank if i told u it hadnt been touched in 6 months or more the water was barely trickling out of a very clogged fluval 3 (when i took it out of the water gunk poured out thicker than gravy) i changed 2 thirds of the water and topped the tank up it was still too green to see the fish!!! i took the convicts from him i told him theyre tropical fish and not to be kept in coldwater and he just said if i turn the heater on they wont stop breeding !! ooh i wanted to slap him
so i took the convicts planned to nurse them back to health as they were in poor condition only being fed goldfish sticks!!they look fantastic now but obviously nobody wants them
as for the livebearer tank i already have a livebrear tank in the kitchen its only 2x1x1 but has guppys platys and swords in it id move them into the big tank and heavily plant it out and add a few bristlies i never really wanted to keep livebearers but it think itd be nice to have something in the frontroom thats bright and colourfull

id have the convicys off you if your near me or can post ... i love convicts ... ive got 6 already 3 male 3 female .... i dont get it though ive had mine for 7 months and kept at 28oC and they have never bred or show signs of breeding ... yet every other fish ive got breeds on a regualr basis
Back to top Go down
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 am

well pets at home were quite eager to take them off my hands and also wanted some of my bristlenose fry and kribensis im not sure if they do have a policy of not taking anything in at ours but it would appear they dont
i could courier the convicts but not sure how much itd cost or who to use how to prepare the fish etc
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:21 am

paulie78 wrote:
well pets at home were quite eager to take them off my hands and also wanted some of my bristlenose fry and kribensis im not sure if they do have a policy of not taking anything in at ours but it would appear they dont
i could courier the convicts but not sure how much itd cost or who to use how to prepare the fish etc

hmmmm ill have to ask at my local pets at home ..... again !! lol well i think by royal mail next day delivery its £10.50 but your have to double check and ive never posted fish before so don't know if anyone on here can give either of us insite to it
Back to top Go down
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 am

is it wise to send fish via royal mail ? i suppose id have to pack them in a box with heat packs or something it might actually be cheaper just to buy some depending on how many u wanted obviously u can have them for free lol but ud have to sort out postage ive got about twenty left i think but more eggs about to hatch imminently arggggh
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:58 am

paulie78 wrote:
is it wise to send fish via royal mail ? i suppose id have to pack them in a box with heat packs or something it might actually be cheaper just to buy some depending on how many u wanted obviously u can have them for free lol but ud have to sort out postage ive got about twenty left i think but more eggs about to hatch imminently arggggh

well all the fish i buy offline or from other breeders send it by royal mail next day delivery and never had any dead but yh polly box, heat pack and packing so they dont move around loads but yh ill pay for postage not a problem .... can send you the money over paypal
Back to top Go down
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:01 am

ok mate soon as i get a chance ill nip into one of the two lfs and see how much a polybox is and heatpacks and let u know one of my fellow fishie friends may even have some they no longer need which will save a few quid your welcome to take all of them if you like lol
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 am

paulie78 wrote:
ok mate soon as i get a chance ill nip into one of the two lfs and see how much a polybox is and heatpacks and let u know one of my fellow fishie friends may even have some they no longer need which will save a few quid your welcome to take all of them if you like lol

yeh not a problem thanks and yeh ill be happy to re-home them all i have a small 9 tank fish room so they will be well looked after Smile
Back to top Go down
paulie78
Small Fry
Small Fry
paulie78

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 am

fantastic thanks you dont want a breeding pair too do u lol (im considering rehomeing them i am attached to them but just 2 fish in a 120l tank is getting a bit boring theyl kill anything i try putting in with them)
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:40 am

paulie78 wrote:
fantastic thanks you dont want a breeding pair too do u lol (im considering rehomeing them i am attached to them but just 2 fish in a 120l tank is getting a bit boring theyl kill anything i try putting in with them)

yeh im happy to re-home any fish for people
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....   Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Took my baby bristlenose to maidenhead today....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Off The Topic........ :: Off the topic chat-
Jump to: