Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

The other tank mates :) Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

The other tank mates :) Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The other tank mates :)

Go down 
+2
june
daisakura
6 posters
AuthorMessage
daisakura
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
daisakura

Number of posts : 17
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-09

The other tank mates :) Empty
PostSubject: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:08 am

Hi everyone. I have some shots of the fish I keep with my BNs that I thought I'd share. I'm mainly all about the guppies and the BN atm but a few others have managed to get in there too. I've only just moved out of house this year so it's been my first chance to keep fish on a bigger scale than the goldfish in the bowl (I have three tanks atm Very Happy). Fish keeping and breeding has always been a big interest of mine though every since I was a teenager and I'm having a great time finally getting into it!

The Guppies

Ive always loved this male colouring the best Smile

The other tank mates :) IMG_2858-1

And two of his children... (well the ones that would sit still long enough)
The other tank mates :) IMG_0267

The other tank mates :) IMG_0266

The other tank mates :) IMG_0274

The other tank mates :) IMG_0282

Some of my ladies

The other tank mates :) IMG_2856-1

The other tank mates :) IMG_2864-1

The Others

This fellows mighty camera shy, took FOREVER to get a clear photo... I swear he could hear the camera noise when it takes a shot every time and purposely darted off in the other direction leaving me with a billion blurry tail shots!

The other tank mates :) IMG_0280

The other tank mates :) IMG_0292-1

The other tank mates :) IMG_0265

The other tank mates :) IMG_0261

This 'white' Molly has developed orange spots for some reason. Doesnt seem to be anything wrong with them health wise? I read on the internet a few people experiencing the same and didn't turn out to be anything nasty. Please let me know if I should be concerned though!

The other tank mates :) IMG_0263

Wasn't really planning on this swordtail but it was all alone in a tank labelled 'guppies' (lol...) and I just loved the black line in his tail.
The other tank mates :) IMG_0283
Back to top Go down
june
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 286
Job/hobbies : Anything to help greyhound rescue, BNs, painting, veg growing
Humor : real life situations
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:08 pm

What lovely fish. You should entered the pictures in the competition.
My boy guppies have started chasing the lady platys and silver mollies, although they have their own type of girls with them. That should be interesting. Maybe that's how you get yellow spots? scratch
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Great Pic's Good Job

The yellow spots on the Molly look like a natural pigment, it now looks like a Dalmation Molly only with yellow spots.
Back to top Go down
daisakura
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
daisakura

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:11 am

Ah good Smile yeah about a week or two after he came home from the LFS I was a bit worried when he started having orange spots but when it didn't start affecting his health I sorta assumed/hoped it was natural, just a bit odd heh. Maybe he's trying to blend in with his environment XD I do have a lot of fish with orange fins in there.
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 am

Great shots... Good Job

I would love a red tail black shark but it would attack my bn's so i cannot... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
daisakura
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
daisakura

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah I only have one little BN in the tank he's in, though he completely ignores him! I was a tad worried at first more for the pictus as they didnt seem to be getting along but after a day or so they didn't bother each other ever again heh. I'll even catch them sitting side by side under the same log sometimes minding their own business XP
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Not really Curby...   The other tank mates :) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Curby wrote:
Great shots... Good Job

I would love a red tail black shark but it would attack my bn's so i cannot... Sad

Curby,

I have a red tailed shark in each tank and neither have "yet"attacked any of my Bristlenose, though I would imagine
some might - if you get the shark young enough and introduce it early then you have a better chance of them mixing.

ONly thing you have to watch is when you add algae wafer the shark can get terrirotrial on food, so I get round that by breaking the algae wafers in half and spreading them around the tanks Smile

good luck....

I think we should have a separate room for pictures of all fish that have been compatible with Bristlenose, or maybe when we add pictures identify the pictures of which Bristlenose and catfish you have the fish introduced with and any specific details we need to know.

nice photos and keep up the good work...

lj Smile
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm

The Red-Tailed Black Shark is usually only aggressive with other Labeos or fish that are a similar shape. Young Red-Tails will shoal together but once mature become aggressive with each other.
Back to top Go down
Mooo
V.I.P Member
Mooo

Female Number of posts : 957
Job/hobbies : Retired
Humor : What?
Thank You Points : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-14

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Your guppys are stunners...
I had a huge redtailed rainbow shark, It killed my favorite breeding male Blue Ram...I will never keep one again..I found them to be far too aggressive for my peaceful tank..They are nocturnal predators...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livefish.com.au
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 3:34 pm

im with mooo on this one...not only can they be aggresive but as they are bottom feeders they can raid a bn's love nest of all its eggs,,,so for me i aint gonna take the risk with my bn's.....

although all that aside iam going to set up a seperate tank for none bn species so i can keep a diff variety,,plus i never get the chance to enter our fresh photo's comps as i only have bn's.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The other tank mates :)   The other tank mates :) Empty

Back to top Go down

The other tank mates :)
Page 1 of 1