Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

BNs Compatable? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

BNs Compatable? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BNs Compatable?

Go down 
+2
"L Number mad
Eaglehorsesmom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

Female Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Working on disability. Writting Riddick fan fics and watching our Plecos
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-02-24

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:45 pm

I've set up our smaller tank, 10 gallons, and am gonna stock it this weekend. I plan on putting in a young BN. Would this one get along with another juvie of another species? I don't want to cause them any undue stress. The smaller species that I have to choose from at our fav LFS is clowns and rubbermouths. They sometimes have peppermints and goldnuggets, but they are a bit high for me at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Eaglehorsesmom
Back to top Go down
"L Number mad
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
BNs Compatable? 12-38

Male Number of posts : 223
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-10

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:54 pm

I think clowns and rubbers will be ok just make sure you have enough hidding places as the males are territorial,

but if you are planning on making a colony of bristlenose to breed then leave them on there own

as for a nugget keeping it with a bristlenose will work but they do prefer there water hotter around 86f > 30c

may i also add if this is a new tank and there no fish currently in it don't add to many as you can trigger new tank syndrome, but it also applys to a mature tank to adding to many new fish to a mature tank can cause problems as well

just add one even two a week and you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

Job/hobbies : Working on disability. Writting Riddick fan fics and watching our Plecos

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks. Very Happy I don't plan on doing more than 4 this weekend, just to see haow everyone gets along. Key word is plan however. Haha. Like my daughter, I have to fight myself to keep from over buying and taking home the whole store!! :P But I tell myself, the tank is so big and you only allowing yourself x amount to spend on fish....don't screw up. Usually that keep my fish buying to a minamum.

I was planning on buying a piece of wood for the tank, is that required for a BN? I want to do whats right for him/her.
Back to top Go down
"L Number mad
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
BNs Compatable? 12-38

Male Number of posts : 223
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-10

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:03 pm

pmsl good theroy may try it myself cheers

so is it a new or mature tank you are putting them in
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:07 pm

We used it for 2 years, up until We got a larger one about a month ago. It was sitting empty and dry until last night. I refilled it, put in new gravel and two plants. I thought it might be best to let it run til Friday until I'm off work again. So I guess you could say it was new.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:29 pm

High Eaglehorsesmom, I have found that bristlies will get along with just about any fish provided
temp and water qualities match up , also they r tough resiliant little buggas so with a few mollies
or the like they do great job to help cycling a new tank.
Cheers J
Oh yeah and they love some wood in the tank, makes for great hiding places
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 10:04 am

Eaglehorsesmom wrote:
Thanks. Very Happy I don't plan on doing more than 4 this weekend, just to see haow everyone gets along. Key word is plan however. Haha. Like my daughter, I have to fight myself to keep from over buying and taking home the whole store!! :P But I tell myself, the tank is so big and you only allowing yourself x amount to spend on fish....don't screw up. Usually that keep my fish buying to a minamum.

I was planning on buying a piece of wood for the tank, is that required for a BN? I want to do whats right for him/her.

Yeh make sure you get a nice slice of bogwood in there, it is quite important...its also full of goodness and will help digestion out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 7:21 pm

We went to the LFS last night, but they didn't get any in with their shipment Thursday. 😢 The girls did say that they would tell their supplier to include at least one in this Thursday's shipment so I could get it. I did get a small rubbermouth, two dwarf Guamies (I know my spelling sux) and two tetras. So far everyone is happy, and the rubbermouth is hanging out underneath my filter. Laughing

Hopefully next week they will have one. cheers
Back to top Go down
utiliy
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : truck driver
Registration date : 2009-02-12

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 am

hey there eaglehorsesmom-where in ky u located? im in southern ill. i may know where u can get some good BN at.
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Utility, I'm in southern Ky. Simpson county, just a few miles from the TN border.

We went back to the store yesterday, and they had 4 BNs!!!! We got a nice one about 1 1/4 inches long. I think it's a male because it has 2 really long bristles infront of his face. I'm so excieted!

I told one of the managers that in a couple of years I wanted to try my hand at breeding them and she was thrilled. Sometimes they can't get any from their supplier.

Tried to get some good pics of him before the release, but he didn't want them taken. Hahaha. I did get a few but they aren't very good. Will try to post them tomorrow.

Outside of being a little underfed he seems to be in good health and hasn't stopped cleaning the tank since he came home.

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
skippy
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 97
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2009-04-18

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 am

The two really log bristles wouldn't be nostrils by chance? I haven't seen one yet that grows just 2 bristles. Watch that it puts weight on ok. If it looks underfed it could have something in it taking all its food before it gets the goodness from it.
Back to top Go down
Eaglehorsesmom
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Eaglehorsesmom

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Mike is doing very well now. He's put on weight and grown in length somewhat. There are several bristles on his face, but there are two that are quite prominate. So I'm hoping that he's a ike and not a Maggie. Laughing

I've took several more pics, but he always moves just as I take it, or just when I'm getting the camera. Hopefully next year when I get my daughter another tank and I get her "old" one, 23 us gal, I can can get a female or two. cheers

Eaglehorsesmom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BNs Compatable? Empty
PostSubject: Re: BNs Compatable?   BNs Compatable? Empty

Back to top Go down

BNs Compatable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Bristlenose Issues-
Jump to: