Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help with an ID please Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Help with an ID please Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help with an ID please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wlddolphn
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
wlddolphn

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Help with an ID please Empty
PostSubject: Help with an ID please   Help with an ID please EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Since I have not received the information of what the brown pair is, maybe you all will be able to tell me a little. I definitely do not know enough to even begin to take a guess of what she is. All I remember is he said something about F1 and wild and would send a email soon with more information. All I have seen of the male this past week is the tip of his tail. The Albinos were gift from the better half from an area auction. Thanks in advance for any input!! Michelle
[img]Help with an ID please DSC05357[/img][img]Help with an ID please DSC05532[/img]
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Help with an ID please   Help with an ID please EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm

To me she looks like the common bristlenose, Ancistrus cirrhosus. The light saddle across her back is quite characteristic of that species, also, at the baseof the dorsal fin look for a black dot, this is also characteristic of Ancistrus cirrhosus. the wild caught individuals are common in America, as unlike here in Australia you are allowed to import...lucky bastards!! The wild caught ones will sell for a higher price. F1 means they are the first generation of tank bred bristlenose born to wild parents. I can only assume that its a male in the cave so good luck with spawning them Smile

the albinos are most likely Ancistrus cirrhosus. Not many bristlenose are known to have the albino morph so that narrows it down quite quickly. Tho it is hard to get a propper ID without a shot from the top.

lovely fish tho!
Back to top Go down
wlddolphn
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
wlddolphn

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Help with an ID please   Help with an ID please EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 1:11 am

Thanks Doug! Here's a shot of the Albino's from the top as best as I can get.
I was guessing what the F1 meant, but it always better to know for sure. The brown male is in the cave and has been there for 4-5 days now and he has the same markings as the female. I have about 20 babies from them now in another tank that are around 3/4" long.

[img]Help with an ID please Male[/img]

[img]Help with an ID please Female2[/img]
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Help with an ID please   Help with an ID please EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:46 am

yeah, i would suggest they are Ancistrus cirrhosus, the albino version
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with an ID please   Help with an ID please Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with an ID please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The I.D Labratory-
Jump to: