Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l144 and albino longfin cross project Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

l144 and albino longfin cross project Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

l144 and albino longfin cross project

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
colink
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 143
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-11

l144 and albino longfin cross project Empty
PostSubject: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:46 pm

here we go im thinking of trying to get some longfin l144s , my idea is a male l144 and female albino longfin or should i try male albino longfin and female l144 i already have the l144 females and think it would be easier to get hold of a longfin male , has anyone tried this before ,and if so what did you get because the longfin l144s have to have been crossed in a similar way colin.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm

so you are going to cross a longfin albino with a short fin L144?

well, In my experence you can expect from between 25-50% longfin fry. in terms of the ratio of L144 to standard albino i am not sure. I have never crossed these as we dont have easy access to them here in Aus. I hear tale of a few floating around but i have never seen any. Amber might be able to help out a bit more Smile
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 am

You'd think if that was the case Doug they wouldn't b that hard to find. Just going by how prolific bn are. Unless the only ones here are the odd ones in collectors tanks here n there with no one breeding them. Bout time someone got is in some reds too, seems to be alot of new L# floating around lately but still the same old bn...

Oh and as for crossing alb lf with L144, if they will breed together then I guess the normal cross breeding rules would apply. Plenty of crossbreeding posts to flick through if your up for a read
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am

yeah, Thats what I thought to. As usual its prob people just making stuff up to sound good. I know if i had one there would pics everywhere and i would be making a killing selling the fry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amber
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Amber

Number of posts : 118
Thank You Points : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

In regards to what you get in color when you cross albino with L-144, it's brown, 100% brown. That was what I got in an accidental spawn of a golden albino male and an L-144 color morph female. I have heard of several other albino/L-144 crosses and like mine, the fry have all been brown.
I think the reason you don't see more of the fancier BN is not that they are difficult to create, but that it takes a lot of time, tanks and record keeping to do it and then a certain amount to maintain it. For most people it's just not worth it.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: super red and albino long fins, or L144 longfin pleco's   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 pm

think you have all instigated my next project Smile

now if only I could get some albino long fins, I have a very mature l144 just waiting to breed Smile

and have a few super reds I am picking up at the weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
colink
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 143
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-11

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:50 pm

cheers for the replys whats peoples thoughts on how the l144 longfin was crossed im up for giving it a go , ie what was crossed with what cheers colin.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:57 pm

very interesting.

so L144 x albino = 100% common... hrmmm scratch

this throws a spanner in my works in a large way.

what about L144 x L144...anyone done that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: l144 and albino longfin cross project   l144 and albino longfin cross project Empty

Back to top Go down

l144 and albino longfin cross project
Page 1 of 1