Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What to do with ich! !!HELP!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pleco James
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Pleco James

Male Number of posts : 243
Job/hobbies : Fishkeeping, Cricket, Rowing, Fishing, Camping
Humor : Michael McIntyre and Rhod Gilbert
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2011-02-15

What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   Empty
PostSubject: What to do with ich! !!HELP!!    What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Ok i know this is really for plecos and things but it's kind of urgent that i get some help. I have 5 clown loaches in a 6 foot tank and 3 of them have ich, one isn't too bad but the other is covered in spots almost to his head. I may have caught it early but i don't know, i always put in ich treatment when i introduce new fish because i know that they are prone to ich.

I have ich treatment but i have no idea how much to use on a 6 foot tank and, i don't think it will be enough for even one treatment.

Should i get the 2 loaches into a quarantine tank? There is just an issue of where to put it. And also it may stress them more, and that may be what caused it, they get it from stress sometimes.

Thanks

James
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What to do with ich! !!HELP!!    What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:57 pm

James there is a tank volume calculator HERE , it does not allow for water displasement caused by rocks and substrate, etc. So I would reduce the figure by about 10 to 15%.

I would treat the whole tank, just because the other three clowns are not displaying spots does not mean they are not infected.

Don't forget some Ich remedies need to be reduced for scaleless fish.

If you have treated ich before you will know about raising the temperature(slowly) and increasing aeration.

Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What to do with ich! !!HELP!!    What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:45 pm

indeed, just because they dont show the spots doesnt mean they are not infected. In fact I would bet all my fish that they are infected in the gills.

Loaches are scaleless fish so you need to run the meds at half dose, I do it for twice as long.
Back to top Go down
Pleco James
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Pleco James

Male Number of posts : 243
Job/hobbies : Fishkeeping, Cricket, Rowing, Fishing, Camping
Humor : Michael McIntyre and Rhod Gilbert
Thank You Points : 11
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: What to do with ich! !!HELP!!    What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 am

OK, thanks, i will do the treatment on half dose every other day, which is what the treatment says.

James
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to do with ich! !!HELP!!    What to do with ich!  !!HELP!!   Empty

Back to top Go down

What to do with ich! !!HELP!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Pleco Hospital-
Jump to: