Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

Male Number of posts : 82
Job/hobbies : common & longfin bristlenose breeder website not ready but getting there
Humor : mmmmmmmm
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD Empty
PostSubject: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:27 pm

hi everyone
only have 20 at 4wks old only 4 albino left
the rest are only two wk old and not ready for sale for another 2wks

i have around 300 fry now and more on the way

browns 1.00 each
or albino for 2.00 each

pick up from taunton
or plymouth only when i am down there as i go down to see my mum on the train every 4wks
or can post

pm me for more info on posting

wk old fry
Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 101_2137

4wk old fry

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 101_2085

another pic of fry

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 100_0591

any more pics just ask

payment thru paypal only
if it comes to it i will post at buyers risk i have and bags and 4x small poly boxes anyway.

only if you ask i can post upto 10 fry at about 12.95 for post via next day delivery only post tuesdays weds only

Royal Mail Special Delivery (tm) Next Day. i wld rather them picked up then you can see the perents........

but will have to return my poly box to me then ill refund you 2.95 if not returned price of a poly box no refund cant send heat pack as will over heat fish
if send in a normal box then heat pack will be send in box

Last edited by ancistrus-mayhem on Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebstore.org/Ancistrus_mayhem/index.aspx?pageid=1
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 11:06 pm

OK, I may get shot down for this, but aren't the fry at 4 weeks old somewhat young to be selling?

Personally I wouldn't buy, nor sell any ancistrus that was less than an inch, which is usually about 12 weeks old. They're to fragile if younger/smaller.

As for not using a heatpack when posting, why not? They really don't overheat. I know, I use them constantly in cold weather, they still need it. Having received an ancistrus in mid December, with no heat pack, the poor thing was practically frozen and frankly never really got over it and was a sickly fish from then on.

What do others think about this? If I am wrong I'll gladly admit it, but all I can think of is how the fish are taking this at such a young age.

Angi
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

Job/hobbies : common & longfin bristlenose breeder website not ready but getting there

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:48 am

ok for one i have been selling fry at 2-4wks for the past 12 mouths and i have never lost any in my tanks all my fry live as i look after my tanks really well plus not using heat pack the poly box i use u cant fit in a heat pack as the poly box only fits one bag in i have fish send to me in these all the time

lets go bk to the fry at 2-4wks i have old 1000"s of fry at this age

i have keeped them till they was 14 wks old ant then sold them for 3.00 each

ill my fry whan been sold have been ok in there new tanks

only think i can say is when my fry are with me i feed them every day hi growth pellets and i do a wtaer change every day to kepp them healthy if they die when they have been sold its not my fault its the owner of them but i will say i have had feed back on other forums and selling sites saying all fry doing well and growing fast

every time my bns breed i have around 300 plus fry of commons and 200 -400 fry of longfins bns

i know some people keep them intil they are little bigger then sell them but i cant i sell loads every wk they are healthy when they leave me if they do die its becuase u not keeped them in a clean tank with fry they need claean wtaer water changes alot becuase of feeding them as the nitrate and nitrite gets really high i do my water changes every day in fry tanks but when they are left with there perents i dont do water changes every day only twice a wk

at the end of the day its how you look after your fry inthe end i have in the past not done a wk changes every day or every two day but once a wk and lost alot of fry as the nitrate and nitrite has got high and have lost 100's of fry this way since i do my water changes i ahve never lost one fry in my tanks

if no one buys on this site ill sell them else where
Back to top Go down
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:03 am

as u can see in pic these are the poly box i be using

theres four in this big box
Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 100_0581

now heres the same size with fish bag in
Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 100_0580

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD 100_0582

when i had these come thru with fish in there was no heat pack in them when i emailed the shop who send them to me he sed this i copy hes words over so u know ok

Hi Sean
You cannot put a heat pack in with those small boxes as it would over heat the fish. They do tolerate the cold and will be fine. Glad you are pleased with them.
yes they was little cold but they still had there color and was fine
Back to top Go down
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:37 pm

these are now 3-5wks old

if u wld like the fish posted in a normal box then ill add a heat pack

price wld be around 10.00 for p+p next day by 1pm
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 am

High seanie112, I think I would have to agree with Angi , trading these fish at such a young age( but this is only our
personnal "opinion"). I will give fish away to friends at this size if they want to have crack at growing out babies, but
I guess if the people you are dealing with are happy and your happy there isn't a huge problem( remember different peoples
"opinions" will varie)
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 am

different peoples "opinions" will varie

yes i know m8

i noramly grow them on for longer but with them breeding so much and with people asking for them i sell them at that age

when every wk goes by they grow more i always have fry in my tanks

i have been putting adds up early so every one knows i have them eady i normaly get orders in before they have hatch

when someone asks abt the younger onews i always say if u buy them at this age u will need to do water changes more offen to keep them happy

i am always doing my tanks to keep the water prems right testing my water every wk

i have no problem with some one asking for fry at the ages i have

i normaly sell with out postage so when someone come around they can see my tanks and the fry

plus i normaly seel them when they are around 4wks old as normaly by this time they will be ok in someones tanks

at the end of the day if i dont sell them all with each wk goes by they grow more i feed my fry every day defi food every day

ill be clad to keep them for longer for someone at the end of the day...
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 am

Yup I'm in the same boat with so many baby fish and not enough tank space - until a few
weeks time cheers a new 5ftr is on the way cheers :arrow: what I've been doing in
the meantime is sending most of the fry out to a mates house who has nothing but 4ft tanks
and letting them grow out there + my buddy can make some coin when all get a little bit bigger.
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
ancistrus-mayhem
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
ancistrus-mayhem

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:47 am

i thing is when bristlenose breed they breed like wild fire spread

thx for your commons on email m8

i have sold alot of fry in the last wk or so

and wot i have left are growing well aswell all good love and war

this is why forums are in place to air your vaiws and commons its all love hate and war at the end of the day

its people like these who set these up to help every one in the hobby

and people like us that use them for info and other things to help everyone out

good luck
everyone

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Angi-N-Wayne
V.I.P Member

Number of posts : 690
Job/hobbies : Fish are our hobbies
Thank You Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 am

Kurosaki J wrote:
Yup I'm in the same boat with so many baby fish and not enough tank space - until a few
weeks time cheers a new 5ftr is on the way cheers :arrow: what I've been doing in
the meantime is sending most of the fry out to a mates house who has nothing but 4ft tanks
and letting them grow out there + my buddy can make some coin when all get a little bit bigger.
Cheers J

Dont'cha hate it when that happens? Over run with fry?? What we have to do is split the sexes. Not only gives the fry time to grow on but also gives the adults a rest, and when they are put back together they are chomping at the bit ..... so to speak lol!

Mind you, even with nearing 30 tanks, we still run out of space affraid 😕
Back to top Go down
http://worm-cultures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD   Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristlenose Fry ALL SOLD
Page 1 of 1