Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New campaign for free rulers Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New campaign for free rulers Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New campaign for free rulers

Go down 
+4
grayham1970
kfenk
finalman2
Fluffyninja
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fluffyninja
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffyninja

Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : motorbikes / bikeracing / football / boxing / fishes
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-07-26

New campaign for free rulers Empty
PostSubject: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:23 pm

FREE RULERS FOR FISH SELLERS

I got some fish last week advertised as 1 inch which were more like a centimetre , bit of a joke really , why do people do this ? , I would've still bought them but why can't sellers just be a bit more honest about the size of what they're selling.I don't think the people that do this are uneducated and didn't go to school and don't know an inch from their arse they're just scamming it, you know who you are sometimes greed conquers all in the mad cash race.
Back to top Go down
finalman2
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Free rulers sounds good actually.

First common I purchased, died two days later and was no more then a cm long.
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:37 pm

sickens me. i have also been duped by a breeder. they were advertising albino longfin bn at 3cm. in all honesty they were nearly 3cm but the problem was they were longfin and the fins took up half the size! they were barely a couple weeks old. well they have survived to this day so im hoping yours do the same. good luck with the little ones
Back to top Go down
Fluffyninja
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffyninja

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 pm

finalman2 wrote:
Free rulers sounds good actually.

First common I purchased, died two days later and was no more then a cm long.

That's what I'm expecting these little one's to do ! Sad
Back to top Go down
Fluffyninja
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffyninja

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm

kfenk wrote:
sickens me. i have also been duped by a breeder. they were advertising albino longfin bn at 3cm. in all honesty they were nearly 3cm but the problem was they were longfin and the fins took up half the size! they were barely a couple weeks old. well they have survived to this day so im hoping yours do the same. good luck with the little ones

A blob with fins basically ! Same here most people I've had fish off have been sound , like everything else I guess there are some w#####s out there.
Back to top Go down
grayham1970
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 81
Job/hobbies : machine operator / fish and feathered birds
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:42 pm

i was in the same boat got told 3.5cm and out of 14, 2 may have been 2.5 cm rest small i took a gamble and purchased them as it was nearly a 2 hour drive to get them and Kfenk can back up the size as he has seem them and it was the same breeder as Kfenks purchase, good thing not 1 has died
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:43 am

Not only have I seen them but now I have some of those little marble longfin beauties Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grayham1970
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 81
Job/hobbies : machine operator / fish and feathered birds
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 1:24 am

ah but you did get the biggest and leave me the small 1s lol!
Back to top Go down
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 128
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Unfortunately for genuine sellers, there are a lot of rip off merchants trying to cheat money out of anyone, even so-called friends - I know ,I have just been caught big time
Back to top Go down
http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
davew
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
davew

Number of posts : 172
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:40 am

yeah this winds me right up.......

i bought my common long fins at 1" long (body) length and yup they where a 1" long,

i then went and bought some 1" Albino Long Fin, and when they turned up they where nothing more than 1.5 cm if they where lucky,

the biggest thing to wind me up is when very young it's not that easy to say yes these are long fin, mistakes can be made, as it happens i think 2 of the 6 have turned out to be normal albino's meaning i payed well over the odds for a normal albino long...thanks you douch!!!!!

but anyway still love em Smile
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:26 am

This sort of thing can be a problem when buying fish and having them sent through the post. Young fish are less likely to survive the stress caused by posting, so having a fish described as 1" and in reallity it has barely absorbed its yolk sac can be a costly problem, especially when sent at buyers risk.

You can ask for photos beforehand showing a fish against an object that give you an idea of size but the fish in a photo is not guaranteed to be the one you get when your buying young fish.

Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: buying fish large and small..   New campaign for free rulers EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:09 pm

have to agree with all the finer comments....

using a common object to take a photo against would be a good idea...

I personally use a decent white ice cream container with a small ruler inside it if the fish are under 12 inches then that usually is a good way Smile

or by from reputable dealers like Jim or others on here Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New campaign for free rulers   New campaign for free rulers Empty

Back to top Go down

New campaign for free rulers
Page 1 of 1