Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

triggering breeding Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

triggering breeding Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

triggering breeding

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grayham1970
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 81
Job/hobbies : machine operator / fish and feathered birds
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-01-25

triggering breeding Empty
PostSubject: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 pm

i know of ppl doing water changes, changing ph levels but i dont do this and last night my bns spawned for me they were at it for like 2 days i let nature take its course the weather here at the time was in the low to mid 20 celcius i know dramatic weather change does help as its helped some of my others spawn i know the tank is due for its weekly water change maybe that could of had something to do with it , normally if there ready they will spawn thats what ive noticed so to all the beginers dont loose hope really my point is when your bns are ready they will spawn Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:55 pm

Spot on! 9 times or of 10 my bn spawn without me even noticing. After a while tho you learn to notice there behavior before spawning so you can expect eggs within a day or 2. But yea bn are funny little things, when they want to breed they will. No matter where or when lol
Back to top Go down
skyline_gts4
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
skyline_gts4

Male Number of posts : 40
Job/hobbies : Cars and catfish :)
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-22

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 am

I have backed off the water changes now because im not to fussed about breeding them for the mean time. Just have to wait till my males want to breed :|
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:27 am

Been watching my female albino longfins get nice n gravid again so was thinking they should lay soon. I think I might have triggered them yesterday because today the male and female were in and out of the cave all morning. I think I triggered them because the water level was low so when I did a waterchange on my discus tank yesterday I put that water into the bn tank. Now the discus tank water sits at 29oC and that went into the bn tank which is 25oC. So I'm thinking the discus water raised the temp and then when it dropped back down to 25oC it could have triggered them. It mite have also had something to do with the slight bit of rain we had thismorning. So what I'm saying is that even the slightest things can trigger them so just go along with your normal everyday routines and they will breed when they are ready Smile
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:31 pm

I agree,just do your routine weekly ( or whatever you do ) water changes,keep them clean and healthy and on a good diet and that is all that is needed for the most part.They are triggered by certain things though,mine always spawn after i do a routine water change.I do weekly or sometimes fortnightly quite large water changes and if and when they are ready for breeding this is always when they do it.

My male has decided to take up residence in a different cave (the only one I cannot see into) so now i don't know what he is up to,typical !
Back to top Go down
LauraMcP
Small Fry
Small Fry
LauraMcP

Female Number of posts : 28
Job/hobbies : Aquaria
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

The cold water change mimics seasons in the wild 0 they breed in the rainy season when its cooler - so cold water changes and a lower temperature will often spur them on - providing other conditions are right too obviously.
They also need a cave where the male can trap the female Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/147159085369187/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: triggering breeding   triggering breeding Empty

Back to top Go down

triggering breeding
Page 1 of 1