Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

i have a question Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

i have a question Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i have a question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mnicholls
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 74
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-07

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: i have a question   i have a question EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:52 pm

is it normal for the male to not eat but just fan eggs i am abit worried for him as he has not eaten in 2 days now i put fresh food in the tank every night and i take it out in the morning and not touched am i just being paranoid
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Some males will stay in the caves and not eat and some will make the occasional excursion out to eat, it's nothing to worry about. Keep putting fresh food in and he will eventually start venturing out for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mnicholls
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 pm

thats good to know as i have not seen him out of the cave hes doing a brill job its good to see the eggs growing and not a single one has been kicked thanks for the help jim
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 pm

This is the reason why males should be allowed a rest between spawns. They eat very little if at all while they have eggs or wrigglers in the cave.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:57 pm

The only time i see my male start to venture out is when the fry are almost ready to leave the cave.Of course he may do so at night when i don't know but I always see him come out at feeding time just before the fry are ready to come out.It is a long time for them and a tiring job constantly fanning and not eating so a good rest between spawns is a very good idea.I wasn't fast enough this time and my new tank was not ready and no sooner had the fry left he was on another load.As soon as this lot leaves he is having a well deserved rest. Smile
Back to top Go down
mnicholls
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:56 am

thats what i might do keep him separated for a while and let him spend time with the fry and fatten him up before he goes back into main tank thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 am

Yes that is a very good idea Smile
Back to top Go down
mmccannon
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
mmccannon

Number of posts : 346
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2011-05-16

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: male on diet   i have a question EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm

I think all of us went through this anxiousness.
As for myself, I did not dare to sleep, in case something goes wrong... :geek:

Well, to answer your question, there is nothing to worry about. It is normal that they put parenting much higher on the priority list.
However, my regular BN is moving around the cave, although doesn't swim too far, while my L144 never leaves until all babies are able to look after food for themselves.
Back to top Go down
mnicholls
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 2:20 pm

many thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i have a question Empty
PostSubject: Re: i have a question   i have a question Empty

Back to top Go down

i have a question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Feeding Time-
Jump to: