Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Albino and Common action Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Albino and Common action Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Albino and Common action

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slantula
Small Fry
Small Fry

Number of posts : 35
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Albino and Common action Empty
PostSubject: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi guys i have had the albino LF pair in the tank for bout 2 months and she has looked gravid the whole time and they even spent 2 days going in and out of the cave together but nothing came from it. But 2 days ago i got a pair of commons off a friend and put them in the same tank. Both the females have been going in and out for about a day with the common male and this morning the albino girl is lloking very empty hoooraaaay! Now the common girl is going in and out. Will the male be cool with 2 spawns going on in there ?
Back to top Go down
s0078077
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
s0078077

Male Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Editor fishing magazine
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm

Sure will! It happens all the time. I have found that my male tends to be a bit funny with the second batch of eggs though and often they will have a higher rate of unfertilised eggs etc that turn white. Just watch out if you have two males in the tank (especially if it's under 4') often they will fight once breeding commences. It can be safer to remove the second male sometimes.
Back to top Go down
slantula
Small Fry
Small Fry

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:34 pm

If i had 4 females between the 2 males do u think that would stop them from fighting since there is so many girls to share?
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 pm

slantula wrote:
If i had 4 females between the 2 males do u think that would stop them from fighting since there is so many girls to share?

How big is the tank and how close are their caves Question
Back to top Go down
slantula
Small Fry
Small Fry

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:08 am

the tank is 130L and there caves are about 30cm apart. They havnt shown any aggression yet but they havnt been together for to long
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 am

If there not showing any signs of fighting then they will probably be OK, often creating a barrier between them with something like bogwood and rearranging the tank a bit will help should they get aggressive towards each other.

Adding extra females does not mean they will mate with the second male, usually given a choice the females will always choose the best male they can find, which at the moment is the common.
Back to top Go down
slantula
Small Fry
Small Fry

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Hopefully you are right and there is a planted driftwood between them to. It should be an interesting batch of fry from the common short finned male and the albino lf female,cant wait to c the ratio's
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:01 am

Hmmm yeah, wouldn't mind findin out what fry you get from that mix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albino and Common action   Albino and Common action Empty

Back to top Go down

Albino and Common action
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: