Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Local Sale / Good Prices? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Local Sale / Good Prices? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Local Sale / Good Prices?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tankart
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : Painting & Drawing Instructor / Fine Art Painter
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-26

Local Sale / Good Prices? Empty
PostSubject: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi,
I would like to pick up a couple new Bristlenose for my planted tank and am wondering if these are good prices. All are between 2.5" and 3". Snowball $55, Multigold $35, Peppermint $30, Toothnose $40, Grey Leopard $50, Mustard Spots $45, Tiger $25, Gold Nugget $35, Yellow King Tiger $45. The sale is only on for 2 days and I would have to travel 5 hours round trip. Unfortunately there is nothing close by. Let me know what you think?
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 pm

None of the fish you have listed are actually Bristlenoses (Ancistrus) they are all various types of plecs.

If your still interested then all are stunning fish in there own right but tank size could be a factor when buying some of them. If your looking for a fish that is a similar size to a BN's then the Yellow King Tigers (Hypancistrus Sp. L333) are a good option. They will all be more demanding on water quality than common BN's.

Prices look similar to what we would pay in the UK.
Back to top Go down
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

Male Number of posts : 98
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:53 pm

sounds like they have a nice selection.. Ever tried online? AquaBid? Or RMS in brookpark (there hit or miss on plecos but get all kinds)..Or Somethingfishy in old Brooklyn? A little pricey there but quality fish. My self I never go to shops anymore as I found great people from Aquabid and forums to buy fish from.

those prices sound normal to me too if you buying from a shop..
Back to top Go down
tankart
Small Fry
Small Fry

Male Number of posts : 33
Job/hobbies : Painting & Drawing Instructor / Fine Art Painter
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Yeah, I realized after that the Plecos I listed weren't Bristlenose. I call the couple LFS places you mention.
Thanks, Bob
Back to top Go down
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

Male Number of posts : 98
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:24 am

If your looking for common Bn pleco's I have many I can sell you from new born to full grown..I also have some L059's To get ride of..You can Pm me here if your interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Sale / Good Prices?   Local Sale / Good Prices? Empty

Back to top Go down

Local Sale / Good Prices?
Page 1 of 1