Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Juwel Rio 125 question Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Juwel Rio 125 question Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juwel Rio 125 question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Juwel Rio 125 question Empty
PostSubject: Juwel Rio 125 question   Juwel Rio 125 question EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi,I am about to buy a new tank in the next 2 weeks and am just about decided on the Juwel Rio 125.My question is are the filters good,efficient and reliable and do they last a long time.Any problems i should know about before i spend all my savings?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Juwel Rio 125 question   Juwel Rio 125 question EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:43 pm

fantastic filters! they are similar to a canister but they are inside the tank. They come with a lot of sponge but it can be replaced with bio media if you wish. they can also run a canister as well as they have the cut outs in the back.

Jewel rios are excellent tanks, we sell them at the shop i work at and they are my top recommended all-in-one tanks.

Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Juwel Rio 125 question   Juwel Rio 125 question EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 am

Thankyou Doug seems like I am getting a Rio 125 shortly then Smile

Just had another thought,how are the filters for BN fry getting trapped in or around? Can fish get trapped behind these filters?
Back to top Go down
speirsy
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
speirsy

Number of posts : 13
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Juwel Rio 125 question   Juwel Rio 125 question EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:03 pm

I have a Juwel Trigon 350 which will be my grow out tank, all I did was use some filter sponge ( like the fine blue sponge that comes with your filter) and cut some lengths to shove down the inside of the filter box. Works well and I have an external canister intake line in there as well and doesn't affect it.

I also cut 2 small squares of filter material and cut a hole in each to fit over the Juwel powerhead outlet, one either side of the Juwel filter box.

Hope that gives you some idea's.
Back to top Go down
marty14
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
marty14

Male Number of posts : 224
Humor : Totally, if a little dark.
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2012-07-04

PostSubject: Terrific tanks   Juwel Rio 125 question EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:45 pm

I have a Rio 180 it is a terrific Aquarium. I was concerned about the "internal" filter. But it is not your regular internal filter. By the output and filter material it is more like a external canister filter.
Just keep the filter media renewal schedule as Jewel says and you will have no dramas. My water is always crystal clear.
Marty Juwel Rio 125 question 1514952399
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juwel Rio 125 question   Juwel Rio 125 question Empty

Back to top Go down

Juwel Rio 125 question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Tank/Water/Filters-
Jump to: