Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

male bristle nose disapeared Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

male bristle nose disapeared Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

male bristle nose disapeared

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
angelmist
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-06-18

male bristle nose disapeared Empty
PostSubject: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

I hope this is the correct place for this topic...
my male calico marble male diseapeared and i can not find him it has been 3 weeks since i saw him he is not in any cave i pulled them, i pulled the sponge filter as well and nothing on the floor.... and no skeleton inthe tank area (i have a 180 ga dived into 3 sections) 2 for breeding pair of angels 1 for the plecos and some livebearers.... any suggestions? his mate needs him and i have another longfin albino female on the way for him as well this is a mystery to me all filters are sponge even my fluval has a sponge over the intake...... scratch Sad
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 pm

they are amazing hiders when they want to be so just make sure that he is not hiding under a log or behind a rock or something. I remember when i though i lost a male. I gutted the tank looking for him. Turns out he was on a log that i pulled out and had hung on even after i took it out. I was getting all depressed when I spotted him drop from the log to the floor half dead. Grabbed him up and popped him back in. He just hit the deck, looked at me like he was saying 'what the hell was that all about man?' and swam off to find a new place to hide.

So, moral of the story, check everywhere as they even get the best of me sometimes! Even trapped under rocks as they can make caves to breed in and get trapped when the gravel shifts.

Hope you find him!
Back to top Go down
dragonboy69
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
dragonboy69

Male Number of posts : 88
Job/hobbies : Storeman
Humor : Yes
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-21

PostSubject: Re: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Any news yet. Hope you found him safe and alive.
Back to top Go down
angelmist
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 4
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm

no news on him so went and found another male to replace him huge male so now just waiting to see when they may have babies Smile
Back to top Go down
Aleishoo
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Aleishoo

Female Number of posts : 93
Job/hobbies : Painting, landscaping, photography
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 am

I aquired some young Calicos a few months ago and was suprised to note that I too was missing a few. Turns out when I did see them they had scrapes on them. After further investigation on found one in my hob filter. Seems that in spite of the fact that I keep my water level below the lip of the filter the little buggers were still managing to crawl up the intake tube and get into the filter to eat the film that accumulates in the filter. Somehow they managed to get in as well as out. I'm assuming the scrapes were due to the impeller. They healed fine with a bit of Melafix added to the water but it's kinda funny as none of my Albinos ever attempted such a feat !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: male bristle nose disapeared   male bristle nose disapeared Empty

Back to top Go down

male bristle nose disapeared
Page 1 of 1