Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New member to this forum Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

New member to this forum Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member to this forum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
macabethiel
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Chemical Engineer ,Angling, Pond & Aquarium geek
Humor : Terry Pratchit & Red Dwarf Fan.
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-17

New member to this forum Empty
PostSubject: New member to this forum   New member to this forum EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 11:42 am

I am new to this site although I have been keeping fish since I was 11 years of age that was 53 years ago!
Except for a brief period from 1976 to 1978 I have always had at least one tank.

In the 70's I bred Blue Acaras and Angel fish supplying a local shop long since closed with breeding pairs to help pay my electric bill !

I went through two periods of keeping marines but decided in the end that the cost was too high and I started to have concerns about the environmental issue involved.

I have had a variety of Larger Catfish over the years but my favorite two species of fish are Clown Loach and any Pleco type catfish.

I now have a small fish room attached to my garage that houses three tanks.
One large display tank (7ft x 2 ft x 2 ft sump filtered) consisting of mainly Silver Dollars and Clown Loach with a selection of various Plecs.
Second is a small brackish tank housing a few swordtails and black mollies with two Dragon Gobies that have grown from 1.5 inches to around a foot long!
The third tank is for my Golden Albino Bristle Nosed Cats its a 4 ft x 15 inch x 18 inch deep framed tank.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: New member to this forum   New member to this forum EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi and welcome New member to this forum 1514952399 sounds like you have some lovely fish and nice big tanks,nice to have you here Smile
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: New member to this forum   New member to this forum EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 pm

welcome mate!
Back to top Go down
macabethiel
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 8
Job/hobbies : Chemical Engineer ,Angling, Pond & Aquarium geek
Humor : Terry Pratchit & Red Dwarf Fan.
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Tanks etc   New member to this forum EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 am

Bristlenoses wrote:
Hi and welcome New member to this forum 1514952399 sounds like you have some lovely fish and nice big tanks,nice to have you here Smile

Its taken me a long time to finally have a big tank it was built by Wharf Aquatics who as you may know are based in Pinxton Derbyshire. The fish house was originally a side garage extension for my Yamaha so when I decided I was too old for biking the fish house was born 3 years ago. Fully insulated walls and roof its about 9 ft by 7 ft with a traditional pitched roof.

The first time I saw a large tank it was a 6 ft long one back in 1972 owned by a Coal Miner who lived Clowne in north Derbyshire - I have wanted ever since. His tank contained just one huge shoal of Clown Loach (no pun intended I lived in Clowne at that time) I was smitten with the idea of one day owning a big tank. I even remember the aquascape it was a central underground volcano built from some sort of lava rock.

If electric costs keep rising I might have to consider going over to cold water fish and moving just one tank back into the house or look at some sort of affordable energy saving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member to this forum   New member to this forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New member to this forum
Page 1 of 1