Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Hi from South Wales Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Hi from South Wales Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from South Wales

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bristlebabe
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Hi from South Wales Empty
PostSubject: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Hello Hi from South Wales 1514952399 , found this website while looking for info on breeding caves. I have 6 bristlenoses,4 are still small (about 1 1/2 inches) and a female (who's about 3 inches) then theres my male (he's about 4 inches, maybe a bit bigger). I'm not actively trying to breed them but from what I've read, they may go for it anyway lol. Looking forward to gathering as much info as possible to make them happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrRRunner
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
MrRRunner

Male Number of posts : 45
Job/hobbies : Love Cars, making pleco caves.
Humor : Very sarcastic apparently
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2011-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi and welcome to a really great forum,
And yes it's pretty likely your little friends will breed so good luck Hi from South Wales 1514952399
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi there,welcome to Bristlenose World Hi from South Wales 1514952399 Just want to say that you have to be sure that you want to breed them and be prepared in advance as they can have very large amounts of babies that will need a lot of room and good care.They will also have one lot after the other after the other unless they are seperated.So you can very quickly have 100's of babies that grow pretty quickly and will need a lot of space to grow in.

Not trying to put you off just want you to be aware and prepared Smile

Now having said that,breeding and keeping bristlenoses is my hobby and i absolutely love it and i am sure you will too.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 pm

welcome mate. Smile

you say you dont want to breed them, but once you see the first little bubba its almost impossible to stop. for me this has been a 12 year affliction, its awesome!
Back to top Go down
Bristlebabe
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Smile I actually have a grow out tank ready Embarassed and there's a spare tank in the shed if needed lol. I must admit I'm absolutely smitten and love watching them, although my males already given me a fright!! I moved the wood the other day to clean the tank and after putting it back I noticed him wedged where 2 pieces met, had checked the wood before putting it back but decided i must of missed him. Thought I'd crushed him!!! So I lift the lid and off he went as though to say "ha ha, got you" this is now a regular spot for him to rest lol
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am

That's cool you will soon be as addicted as most of the people on this site Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South Wales   Hi from South Wales Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from South Wales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Introduction Section :: New Members-
Jump to: