Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Local Fish Store...

Go down 
+7
wolverine
Kurosaki J
deano
Angi-N-Wayne
Jagtazman
zane
Curby
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

Male Number of posts : 1072
Job/hobbies : welder fish breeding drinking
Humor : mad as an hatter
Thank You Points : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:03 pm

called into blue ocean the other day and was impressed with how sean as done the shop out looks really nice
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Man I wish there was a Pier Aquatics branch around the corner from my place- what an awesome range of pleco's.
Any way the reason for the post , not sure if you guys in the UK have recently checked Pier's
"new fish list", I spotted something called a red seam Ancistrus ,if any of you guys wanna look.
cheers J
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:47 pm

ive never been but im going to make the effort to go and have a nosey would get some of these red seams but im all out of room untill i thin out did you see the size of the l182 never seen them at that size for sale
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Pier Aquatics is pretty good, but one thing to remember is ever you see a fish advertised you want get there quick as word of mouth about PA spreads pretty quick and as they will not reserve stock, if you snooze you loose lol!
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Weren't they L183( white seams,the tank full of about 30) deano? but yes you are right I've never seen a group of the "black Ancistrus" like that , they'd have be a wild caught colony- don't ya reckon?
cheers J
Back to top Go down
Jagtazman
Chief poster
Chief poster
Jagtazman

Male Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Angi-N-Wayne wrote:
Regarding Swish Fish, I have just read on Aquarist Classified that they are closing down, so that didn't last long. You never know, if you're close by, you could get a bargain Very Happy

A copy of the listing information:

Closing down sale at Swish Fish so all all Live and dry stock available at half price! Sale starts at 10am Monday 28th Dec. Grab yoursef some bargains.First come first served, when its gone its gone!!

Swish Fish
4d Westfield Lane
Scholes
Cleckheaton
BD19 6EN

2 mins from M62 J26.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact Information
Advertiser: Simon
Telephone: 07770 376475
City: Bradford
County: West Yorkshire

This shop was sold and is now under new undership, not been in since the sale so cannot comment on the new owner, all I know is it's an ex customer. Wonder if will keep the strange opening times lol!
Back to top Go down
deano
V.I.P Member
deano

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:27 pm

thats good news for the locals then
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: ;fs... ::(   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:07 am

I have some good dealings and bad dealing with some LFS in south yorkshire...

i dont want to name and shame any right now.. but i have even bought some pleco from a couple of lfs just to get them out and rescue them as they have been underfed and not looked after.. they have turned out to be some of my best fish.....

i also lost 5 out of 6 cory's i bought from a rather reputable lfs recently.... Sad

and all my water parameters seem ok... i try to check them twice a week...

could be over stock due to my pleco explosion right now but I doubt it as two fluval filters in their are fully matured and all my tanks have regular water changes.....

the lfs would not replaced the lost fish so i am out of pocket, (not shaming them right now) which isnt good as i am out of work and used my birthday money on them Sad

the same lfs won a practical fish keeping award a few years back, but guess things must be slipping recently...

only thing i can think of is the albino and panda cory i got were very young amd not fully quarantined, possibly over stressed..Sad

i find the new set up of pleco's at viscum garden centre at barnburgh near doncaster, is quite good, they have a large selection right now.... can be a little pricey... but ask for Warwick coz he is good and very knowledgable....

and tell him Lj/Lee from the Dearne area who breeds pleco and guppies sent you... and I am sure he will look after you ok...
Back to top Go down
graham26
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 40
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Maidenhead aquatics at bracknell is an excellent store for L numbers always cheaper than other MA outlets & normally a really good supply of plecs
Price wise i have seen large gold nuggets at about 8 inches for £35 so bargains to be had
Back to top Go down
fish nut
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Number of posts : 56
Thank You Points : -1
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:17 pm

hi all there was a great little fish shop opened in aberdare, deepblue aquatics, had some great fish from there, but it just shut 1 day and a few days later the rspca was there presume taking the fish , dont no what happed, ?????
Back to top Go down
STEVEO240V
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
STEVEO240V

Male Number of posts : 86
Job/hobbies : sparky/wow
Registration date : 2010-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 9:51 pm

my lfs is barlows in accrington his fish are really top quality and he makes some great made to measure tanks he is well worth a visit if your in the area
Back to top Go down
Fluffyninja
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Fluffyninja

Number of posts : 17
Job/hobbies : motorbikes / bikeracing / football / boxing / fishes
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

zane wrote:
all the fish stores around my area are terrible. they very rarely have plecos or bristlenose and when they do they are ridiculously over priced. something about them not having many suppliers. they told me once i get fry to an inch long they will offer me good prices for them so that's what i plan on doing Smile. i would currently rate them about a 5 out of 10. Sad

Ha ha same here in west london never anything apart from sailfins and brown bristlenose's when I asked them the other day one particular shop said "we would be interested in l144's (that i have for sale) but we don't bother because the breeders ask too much for them" roughly translated as we will only offer you 50p a fish or something ridiculous then sell them for £11 each.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: fish tanks made to measure   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:33 pm

STEVEO240V wrote:
my lfs is barlows in accrington his fish are really top quality and he makes some great made to measure tanks he is well worth a visit if your in the area

def some of the best tanks around and some on offer right now too, my partners family live close by so just counting the days before i call in again and look at a 6ft tank...lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Local Fish Store...   Your Local Fish Store... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Local Fish Store...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2