Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Please help me ID my pleco!  Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Please help me ID my pleco!  Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Please help me ID my pleco!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tropical
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2014-09-22

Please help me ID my pleco!  Empty
PostSubject: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:23 am

I have a pleco (sold to me as a dwarf albino Cory but def a pleco! S\He is white with some yellow on the nose and darker white spots all over, short finned. No bristles on the face I can see yet as think Is too young to identify either way, I have a good picture but I cant seem to find an obvious way to upload?

Please help, hes in my first ever batch of fish and have spent 3 days on the internet not finding anything quite like it! Hoping a trained eye can tell me its a bristlenose for sure/ type and commonness of morph but I need to know how to upload Smile
Back to top Go down
Tropical
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:39 am

I'm not sure its even a BN at another glance as he has dark eyes and albino species have red right?
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 6:45 am

Hi there,

the easiest way to post pics is to host them on another site then put the link in your post.

there are lots of hosting websites around (photobucket, imageshack etc.)

they will allow you to upload your pic and then give you a link to paste into the topic and then it should all work.

Sounds like it might be an L144. basically an albino looking fish with black/dark blue eyes.

a pic will confirm Smile

of course it could be a larger pleco too, albino sailfin or something...

Back to top Go down
Tropical
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 11:09 am

Will try to get a picture up this evening! I think you might be right about it being an L144 except I did a quick search this morning and a lot of posts seem adamant about them being yellow and not having the spots! There was something about the original l144 on this forum but id be far too lucky to get such a rare find for £2.99! But of all the images ive looked at not one matches my unique guy! I wondered if the spots were an age thing though? Pleco is 2.5 inches at the moment
Back to top Go down
Tropical
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 pm

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14378&mode=view

Finally should be able to follow this link to a secondary post I made! I had to wait 7 days before I could post external links as a new member!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:06 am

that is an albino bristlenose.

there are a few variations of the albino bristlenose, the most common is more yellow and had red/pink patches on it. There are others that are more white or spotty.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help me ID my pleco!    Please help me ID my pleco!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help me ID my pleco!
Page 1 of 1