Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iigwk
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 2
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-09-13

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry Empty
PostSubject: How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry   How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:30 am

Q. How do I make my Flowerhorn fish breed, and how do I rear the fry? At what period should I separate the baby flowerhorn from its mother?

Time To Breed

Sexual maturity is reached once the female flowerhorn grows to about four inches. The female flowerhorn lays eggs periodically, with or without a male. Signs of ovulation are decreased appetite, increased aggressiveness and a darkening of colors, with enhanced vertical striations on the body. At the same time, the egg tube or ovipositor will elongate. The ovipositor has a blunt end, as opposed to the sharper end of the spermatic duct of the male, which is also shorter.
Breeding Flowerhorn

For breeding, a compatible pair has to be found first. What you can do is place the intended pair in a tank, separated by a clear partition. If, after a week or more, they don’t seem to show aggression towards each other, you can remove the partition and let them mingle. If all goes well, the female will lay eggs for the male to fertilize. Like most cichlids, both parents have a brooding instinct and will take cared of the young.
Tips on Rearing Flowerhorn Fry

Food suitable for the fry include newly hatched brine shrimp and commercially prepared liquid food. As they grow, they can proceed to live daphnia or chopped tubifex worms, and later, bloodworms. Rinse live worms thoroughly before feeding.

It’s hard to say when you should separate the fry from their parents. But when the parents no longer show interest in protecting their young, separation is imminent. aquarium fish home
Back to top Go down
kfenk
V.I.P Member
kfenk

Male Number of posts : 1432
Thank You Points : 79
Registration date : 2009-11-09

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry Empty
PostSubject: Re: How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry   How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 6:03 am

Thanks for the useful info mate Good Job
Back to top Go down

How To Breeding Flower horn and Rearing The Fry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Tropical's and Marine Section :: Freshwater Talk-
Jump to: