Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Under Gravel Bubbles Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Under Gravel Bubbles Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Under Gravel Bubbles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glensman
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 4
Job/hobbies : Merchant Seaman.Motorcycling, Forest Running, Gardening and My Fish
Humor : Laurel & Hardy
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2013-02-08

Under Gravel Bubbles Empty
PostSubject: Under Gravel Bubbles   Under Gravel Bubbles EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:49 am

Hi everyone. Its been a while since I have been here. I have been away at sea for the last 5 months, with the family looking after my fish. After a bit of tinternet surfing I have decided to (depending on answers received here) lay the bubble piping tubes under my sand and substrate ,the air curtain stuff,to help rid the bottom of my tank of gunk and waste .My thinking being that the air bubbles will agitate the substrate enough to lift any debris to be then carried through my filters. I have a Rio 125, a really good tank I have always thought. Does anybody have any views on this. My three different breeds of plecos are doing really well since I have been away but there has been no breeding so far. Hanx in anticipation Glensman
Back to top Go down
kaban
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
kaban

Male Number of posts : 164
Job/hobbies : concractor
Humor : not much to be serious about
Thank You Points : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Under Gravel Bubbles   Under Gravel Bubbles EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 11:47 pm

To my experience, the best way to get rid of the debris is to vacuum the gravel. If all of it will go through the filter, it'll accumulate there. I experimented with tubes once and it was the mess. In my opinion, less work it to vac the gravel weekly than clean clogged canister filter every 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://banka.ca
Chaase
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Number of posts : 239
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2012-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Under Gravel Bubbles   Under Gravel Bubbles EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 pm

I use a bubble wall but it does not help with moving gunk,

A gravel vac each week will keep it under control..
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Under Gravel Bubbles   Under Gravel Bubbles EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:44 am

Yeah, I'm with the others and think that you are best to keep with the tried and true gravel vac.

You will need a hell of a lot of air to do what you are after. not to mention you will be needing to clean your filter a lot more often, like once a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under Gravel Bubbles   Under Gravel Bubbles Empty

Back to top Go down

Under Gravel Bubbles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: Tank/Water/Filters-
Jump to: