Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?

Go down 
+2
816johnv
bristle31
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bristle31
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 1
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-04-04

What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? Empty
PostSubject: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:18 pm

Ive got six Bristlenose. Four brown and two albino. A couple of them are slightly over an inch and a half and the others are just over an inch. At what size/age do they start breeding? Also how old are they likley to be at that size? I feed then on courgette, frozen brineshirmp and algie pellets is this good for growth and conditioning? Sorry for so many questions Smile
Back to top Go down
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 7:29 pm

they will need to be about 10-12 months old to spawn, and they will roughly be around 3" at breeding age

i would say yours are about 3 months old

also what you are feeding if fine although i dont feed brine shrimp i feed mine Bloodworm once a week
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Fish Egg
Fish Egg
Black Cat

Male Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-12-26

PostSubject: Re: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:16 am

When my first pair of common brisltenose started to breed the male was about 7centimeters, the female about 6.5 centimeters.
They were about 11 months old when they started breeding and still breeding like crazy till this day. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:27 pm

Sadly I don't think there are no hard or rules as to when BN's will start breeding, but any BN around the 2inch(5cms) size is potentially capable of breeding.
My breeding male had his first batch at 2inches, yet I have a couple of males from that first batch that are now 3inches and still showing no signs of wanting to breed.
Back to top Go down
carptamer
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 179
Job/hobbies : rsco/fish breeder
Humor : very dry at times
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: bristlenose breeding    What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:15 pm

hi my super red bristlenoses started to breed at just over 2 and a half inchs and now breed every 4 weeks my l144s never bred until over 3 and a half inchs Very Happy Smile Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm

bristlenose normally mature at about 8-10 months depending on several things. What size they are when this happens is subject to wide variation as mentioned above. Like others i have had males spawn at 2 inches while others at 3 and a half have been reluctant to cave up...go figure Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?   What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What age will my BN start breeding ? & General info ?
Page 1 of 1