Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
simo notts
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
simo notts

Male Number of posts : 41
Job/hobbies : aquatic sales, plec keeping
Humor : to much of
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-12

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Empty
PostSubject: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:23 am

this moon light effect was created using a £7.99 set of asda outdoors led christmas lights layed out in rows then tied together with cable ties. i then layed this out in a old jewel reflector and secured it in place using more cable ties, jobs a gooden, its only held onto the lid by about 8 of my missies hair bands, she hasent noticed yet lol i plan to get more picxtures upof the build process and also secxuring it into the lid properly.

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Dscf1810
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Looks made!

I love my moonlight! they are such a great addition to a tank and awesome way to check out your nocternal bristlenose at night Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkOrm
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
MarkOrm

Male Number of posts : 153
Job/hobbies : Fish, walking, animals, photography.
Humor : Bill Hicks.
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2010-02-24

PostSubject: Re: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:54 pm

That's great - and cheap as chips.

What lighting cycles do you guys use to incorporate a moonlight period ?
Back to top Go down
simo notts
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
simo notts

Male Number of posts : 41
Job/hobbies : aquatic sales, plec keeping
Humor : to much of
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-07-12

PostSubject: Re: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:27 pm

the tank light is off through the day it comes on, on a timer at 5.30pm then switches off at 11.59pm i then turn the moon light on, on a seperate switch and turn it off when i get up in the morning at around 6am

Quote :
Looks made!
??????????? what do you mean
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Looks like a facotry made item Smile

light effect it excactly the same as mine, though mine is built into the main light unit.

In terms of lighting period. mine is in a heavily planted tank running CO2. My light come on at 10.30 am and go off at about 9pm. the moon light only goes on if im looking at the tank or if we hvae people over. I dont run it every night. it doesnt affect the fish, they dont even notice it go on.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: def a good idea...   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 pm

simo notts wrote:
this moon light effect was created using a £7.99 set of asda outdoors led christmas lights layed out in rows then tied together with cable ties. i then layed this out in a old jewel reflector and secured it in place using more cable ties, jobs a gooden, its only held onto the lid by about 8 of my missies hair bands, she hasent noticed yet lol i plan to get more picxtures upof the build process and also secxuring it into the lid properly.

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Dscf1810

it is amazing what you can find in a old post or two was woinderinf if i could do this for a while... might have a go now in the rekord 80 tank

though I may pre drill the tank lid and fit plumbing washers or grommets in to old the bulbs in-the old rekord 80 tank lid as a spare removable
lid at the rear that is used for nothing and just houses a hidden compartment..... just big enough to support a battery pack or solar unit so
may not even need mains either... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00   DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00 Empty

Back to top Go down

DIY MOON LIGHTING KIT FOR UNDER £10.00
Page 1 of 1