Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simosprp
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose

Male Number of posts : 156
Job/hobbies : student
Humor : funn
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-11-06

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! Empty
PostSubject: UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!!   UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 8:35 am

hi all i aint been on here in a while , but i know this is an ideal place to help me complete my final uni project ,

a automated fish tank , ideal with a sump that can automatically be programmed via ??? maybe a PLC (programmable logic controller) ?? that can be programmed to initiate water changes . my PLE to all you guys is to give me ideas on how to control the amount of water to leave the sump during the AUTO water change as well as what equipment can be controlled to release water from sump and that will close ( i was thinking a float in the sump could indicate the correct amount of water has left the sump which could somehow send a signal to close the valve or whatever controls the water in and out the sump)

this is the main part of the tank i want the acheive the automated water changes , other parts i am going to add are just auto feeders , auto timed lighting and also i am looking into a auto glass cleaning facility , basically guys any ideas am sure you have would greatly help me.

this project is very important to my final degree in engineering ,

i know bristlenose world can help me complete this project over the next year , no were else can , so come on you guys am sure you have many ideas for me .

thanks simon
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!!   UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:45 am

A float valve in the sump will do the trick. I have seen kits that you can use to do this from various places for the fill side of things, for the drain side of things im sure there are many ways of registering water level in a container. Only tip i can suggest is to have a back up on the float valve so that if it fails it doesnt flood your living room Smile
Back to top Go down

UNI TANK PROJECT IMPORTANT !!!!
Page 1 of 1