Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium

Go down 
+2
Curby
zhxia
6 posters
AuthorMessage
zhxia
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 1
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-10-20

about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium Empty
PostSubject: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:06 am

High guys not really an Article , but I wasn't to sure where to ask this question.
Has anyone read any good articles about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium
fish- much in the same way crocadiles and turtles reproduce - if the temperature is over
say 28C the off spring turn out to be mostly females and under 28C mostly males .
I have done the google thing but it turns up non-specific results or nothing that is really
usefull to what I want to know . Any help would be great guys.
Cheers J
about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium 1sl6y0[img][/img]
ugg boots
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:55 pm

zhxia wrote:
High guys not really an Article , but I wasn't to sure where to ask this question.
Has anyone read any good articles about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium
fish- much in the same way crocadiles and turtles reproduce - if the temperature is over
say 28C the off spring turn out to be mostly females and under 28C mostly males .
I have done the google thing but it turns up non-specific results or nothing that is really
usefull to what I want to know . Any help would be great guys.
Cheers J
about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium 1sl6y0[img][/img]
ugg boots

Is that my cool signature your using??
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: curby or zhxia   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm

now is this confusing but was the last post added by curby or zhxia, since it shows curby's signature but another posters name...lol..

and I have heard hardly any thing about temperature change having an influence on any type of pleco right now,
though will ask my renowned source at the LFS....

good luck....
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Question Question Question all's i no is that the first post isnt mine???
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

PostSubject: love the signature, curby as is id hacked pmsl...   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:00 am

youw ould have thought curby would have designed is own button and sognature instead of knicking it off that other guy.. lol
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 1:16 am

haha, trippy thread!

In terms of the question at hand, I have never read anything about it in my research for my article. But that said at over 28 degrees you will be lucky if they breed at all Laughing

Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I've never heard of temperature affecting the sex of BN's.

I have heard of ph affecting the ratio of males/females with cichlids, Kribs are supposed to have an even ratio of males/females at ph7, above ph7 the ratio of males increases and below ph7 sees an increase of females.
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:53 am

Shocked Shocked Not only is this person using your sig Curby , they have also repeated a question I asked ages ago --
"repeated" not "quoted",is this person having a larf or genuinly asking a the question? Shocked Shocked

cheers J
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 10:48 am

Kurosaki J wrote:
Shocked Shocked Not only is this person using your sig Curby , they have also repeated a question I asked ages ago --
"repeated" not "quoted",is this person having a larf or genuinly asking a the question? Shocked Shocked

cheers J

i didnt notice this J, your right its your question and even say's J, at the end lol....i think its somebody having a laugh....
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

PostSubject: curby as a demented twin bro possibly..   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 2:24 pm

no offence meant in any way....

but could curby have been taken over by aliens like the film THE FACULTY, or Body Snatchers.... possibly much easier to explain than some one having the decency to copy and paste J's question, then go and copy and paste curby's signature...

lol.....

you would have thought the same person would have gone to google, googles the question and then copied and pasted
the answer with some one else's signature and id underneath...lol...

well at least it is new and refreshing.

and helped to get the question asked again....

even if it was under Curbys name...lol...

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium   about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:23 am

Laughing Well if this question gets raised again in the future , and I remember scratch
we'll have a look at how the pepps go -- they started hatching this morning and the tank is set @ 25-26 degrees C.
Now dad has done his full duty, looks to be quite few wrigglers and only a few stray eggs kicked out, which are still
in the same net as dad anyhow.
I'll hang on to most of them until they are sort of sexable and post the results.

cheers J
Back to top Go down

about temperature dictating the sexes of Aquarium
Page 1 of 1