Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kewx
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 3
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-05

Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  Empty
PostSubject: Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher    Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 am

Would Bristlenose (ABN) be ok with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher ? How about in a tank with a breeding pair of pulchers? If they would be good in that environment with the pulchers, what size would be best? Thanks, Ken
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher    Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 am

you will have issues with the birstlenose dealing with the water. I assume that as you refer to them as a breeding pair you are keeping the water conditions close to what they like, which unfortuantly is oposite to what the birstlenose like. If you can find some that are used to harder water then you make be able to get the survive, but thats about all they would be doing unless you were willing to compromise on the water parameters for them
Back to top Go down
peppermint23
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peppermint23

Female Number of posts : 99
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher    Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:47 am

hi there,
i have a cichlid tank with two male neolamprologus brichardi (one daffodil and one normal) and i have two male common bristlenose also which are in great condition. the tank is packed with various cichlids and african catfish. but my male bn have their caves and definitely aren't afraid to fight for food and stick up for themselves. i make sure they get lots of vegies which most other fish ignore. but doug is right about the water parameters. i know some people may not agree but i don't buff the ph for the cichlids i just keep it as whatever adelaide's water is (7.6ish), all my fish show beautiful colours and any male and female match ups will breed in their own little section. princess' are quite easy to breed they were the first cichlid i attemped to breed with success before my female died and i chose to then start a various cichlid tank. also, princess' aren't known to be all that aggressive (at least in my experience) they can easily hold their ground, but do not usually initiate any fighting, but in saying that they are great parents and will protect fry at any cost. so in my opinion i think it would work fine just have plenty of hiding places and watch your ph levels etc.
hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
kewx
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 3
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher    Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher    Bristlenose  with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristlenose with Daffodil - Neolamprologus pulcher
Page 1 of 1