Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP

Go down 
+7
Yvette
wolverine
Doug
Curby
jim.and
peterclarke666
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 128
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:33 am

I agree with you about the discus - from keeping them myself, they are usually the first to sucumb to owt wrong. How are the affected bn today?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
Yvette
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose

Female Number of posts : 128
Job/hobbies : fish and dogs
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 am

Just had another thought - have there been any roadworks near you? Every time the roads dug up around me,the tap water is appalling for about 4 days after.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roedeanewhippets.co.uk
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

Male Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : fish keeping, bmxing, gears of war 2
Humor : thats what she said !!!!!!
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:44 am

only taking up the road to put in new bus sidding ... dont think had anything to do with water though .... not sure well ive lost a breeding male and theres only one efffected female ... the rest are perfectly fine .... the main display tank i only normaly put the uv on for 1 day out of 7 but i fort id leave it on a bit longer this time to clear up anything that maybe in there
Back to top Go down
http://chesterfield-aquarist-society.webeden.co.uk/
crichards
Small Fry
Small Fry
crichards

Male Number of posts : 24
Humor : lol
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 12:37 am

If possible probably try to isolate the female to stop further spread but still keep the UV on in the main tank so it can hopefully kill the rest of the disease/infection left in the water.
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:00 pm

ive just been doing larger water changes than normal and after a closer inspection of the glass i have alot of small ... what looks like minitures spiders crawling along the glass .... i think this maybe the problem ... but i dont know what they are .... ive looked at the fish and cant see them on the fish but tbh i did have to look very hard at the glass ..... can anyone identify what they are so i can get the right treatment to kill the little f***ers ive only got 1 bn still infected with the sores as ive unfortunatly lost a pair so far .... ive used myxazin which had no effect and now using protozin as advised by lfs ....

any help in this matter asap would be great as dont want to lose all 3 pairs .... all thats in the tank is 2 brown breding pairs and breeding trio of albino corys
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Chief poster
Chief poster
wolverine

Male Number of posts : 973
Job/hobbies : Fitness Consultant, K9 Security
Thank You Points : 52
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: unknown spiders in the bristlnose aquarium   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:36 pm

did not know you had installed a Uv peter, how long you had it, where did you get it from and waht price.

I been thinking of one for my new set up...

hope you get those spiders identified, always nasty when you find some thing in the aquarium that should not be there..

regards

LJ
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm

my uv is built into my external filter but they do sell the ones that connect to your filter pipes .... http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-filters/aquarium-uv-sterilizers.html

or external with 9w uv http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-filters/aquarium-external-filters.html

but ive had it since i got discus few months back

yh i hope i do aswel .. there so tiny hardly noticeable unless looking for them .... but just have to see how it goes but due to move soon so ill be shutting down those tanks and giving them one hell of a clean before setting them up again
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Long shot, but are they anything like this,

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 Hydra_10
Back to top Go down
jond4261
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
jond4261

Male Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Job: Electrician. Hobbies: Fish Keeping and watching Cricket.
Humor : sarcastic
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:29 pm

I would dose your tank with some aquilbrium salt, you can use it with other meds, it is a natural antiseptic so should help the sores.
I use it in my tanks all the time, at a dose of 0.1% ( 1 g for each litre of water) I've not had any issues since I've been doing it.

Although the BNs are freshwater fish the low dose/percentage won't hurt them at all.

Cheers Jon
Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 3:04 pm

no they are literaly a dot with tiny legs all the way around the body ... way to small to capture on any camera but ill get on paint later to try and draw out what they look like
Back to top Go down
Sunil_Frontosa
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 10
Job/hobbies : Project Management ; Aqua Scaping and breeding exoctics
Humor : Nature Does not Generate GARBAGE- Humans DO - SAVE Mother Nature
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-17

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:50 am

Good Day - lol!

Peter - your tank is a well Planted, I was wondering if you were dosing any fertilizers/neutrients to the tank or do u have any fertilized soil in the tank , Excess dosing of nutrients can also be the case since this is affecting the skin of the pelco. Just a suggestion . do keep us posted .

Back to top Go down
peterclarke666
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
peterclarke666

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:34 pm

no most of infected died unfortunatly but no just used aquarium sand very fine ... no fertilizer of any kind atal no co2 ... nothing just aquasafe and thats it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: unknown sores/holes ??? HELP   unknown sores/holes ??? HELP - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

unknown sores/holes ??? HELP
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Pleco Hospital-
Jump to: