Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bodellafella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 5
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2011-08-19

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Empty
PostSubject: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 pm

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales on body
my BN male had been breeding for the last month and had two batch of fries but both of them died at about 7 days male was looking after them till day 9 on the second batch but after that he just left the cave and all the fries died and he is just now in the corner looking spaced out with slime on his bristles and a small cut on his belly and yellow spotted scle/dots on him anyone have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

Male Number of posts : 1449
Job/hobbies : Warehouse Op
Thank You Points : 107
Registration date : 2010-08-04

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Empty
PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Can you use the TEMPLATE to help with a diagnosis. If you can give as much detail as possible and possibly add photos would be a great help.

Back to top Go down
bodellafella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Tank size and setup:2 1/2 ft by 2 ft

[b]Substrate:bare with little gravel

[b]filtration (Internal, external, flow rate, last cleaned and what it was cleaned in):internal in built corner filter, one sponge filter

[b]Airstone/sponge filter etc: yep

[b]Inhabitance:3 abn i pair standard bn breeding pair, maile is in trouble

[b]Fish affected by issue (all/bottom dwellers, all bristlenose or a single fish etc):male bn

[b]Feeding system (what, how much, how often):algage wafers, cucumber, peas once a day

[b]current water change system (before illness appeared): every second day 15%

[b]water changes made since illness appeared:none

[b]As many levels as you know (ph 6.6 all others within parameters

[b]any chemicals used (including carbon/chemical fitration inside the filter)none

[b]water source and treatment:rain water, with stability

[b]Major changes in the last 3 weeks (new fish, new plants, new anything or changes):2 lots of fries by the same male and cleaned out the inbuilt filter's filter wool

[b]Symptoms (gasping, not moving, bloated, spots, wounds, stressed colours etc):sitting by sponge filter outlet, not much movememnt and not eating and a slight gash on belly body appear to have slime and bristles down and body with some yellow raised beads, spots

Back to top Go down
bodellafella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 pm

[img]BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Imag0111[/img]
Back to top Go down
bodellafella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:51 pm

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Img_5110
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:41 pm

To me it looks like some form of bacterial infection, you could try a combination of PimaFix & MelaFix (I think it's available in Australia) if you can not get them try a broad spectrum anti-bacterial.

You said your tank has a bare bottom apart from a little gravel, over a period of time you can get a bacterial growth on a bare bottom tank that is highly toxic, does the bottom of the tank feel slimy in anyway Question.

Did you clean the filter wool before or after the fry died Question
Back to top Go down
bodellafella
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:14 pm

thank you
i cleaned after they died
but the bottom is not slimey he seems to be recovering will keep an eye on him for another day scratching my head for the whole weekend for what had happened................... he is back in the cave but coming out every now and then
Back to top Go down
jim.and
V.I.P Member
jim.and

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Good Job I hope he pulls around for you, are you using any medication Question

Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I would highly suggest some Pimafix, great stuff that. Most pet shops have it (jim.and, pimafix/melafix are available in australia ☀ ). Big blue bottle. It does a good job on fixing infections and it doesn't harm your biological filter. Froths the water up a little but that goes away after a short while.

I wish you all the best, hopefully he'll recover and act as if this never happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body    BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body  Empty

Back to top Go down

BN looking fraile bristles down and with yellow spotty scales(lumps) on body
Page 1 of 1