Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Common Bristlenose Issue Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My Common Bristlenose Issue Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Common Bristlenose Issue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

Male Number of posts : 85
Job/hobbies : Bartender/Graphic Designer
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2009-05-28

My Common Bristlenose Issue Empty
PostSubject: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 3:34 am

Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me any advide on my adult female. I bought her off a breeder 2 weeks ago and she is packed full of eggs. She is huge! the guy i got her off told me that she lays 170 eggs at a time and she does it every 3 weeks. He told me her last spawn was 3 weeks before i bought her so she was due any day. So i put her in my tank and she looks happy as larry. ( or sally because shes a girl =P ). I have 3 adult males. all of which are bigger than her. and all 3 of these males have their own cave that they look very content in and fan their fins all day. The problem is that she is getting even bigger and she hasnt even been interested in the males or their caves at all. She is getting so fat that im worried about her. shes almost as wide as she is long. lol. should i be worried about this or should i just let her sort it out?
-Zane
Back to top Go down
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 3:56 pm

can anyone help me here?
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 11:21 pm

High zane ,ooohhhh I've never heard of a bristlie being as wide as it is long- could
turn out to be an issue. As for getting her to spawn try throwing in some blood worm ,
and think about moving 2 of the males leaving the best guy for the job( less competition)
then hit the tank with a cool water change , these things should all help providing the size of
your fish is not a medical issue. What about your males , have they ever spawned a batch
of youngins before?
Hope it sorts itself out for you.
Cheers J
Back to top Go down
zane
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
zane

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:18 pm

Kurosaki J - Thank you so much for your help.

I did the things you advised and they spawned within a week for me. the mother looks EXHAUSTED!!!! she is about half her size. lol. I cant tell acurately how many eggs the dad is fanning but the pile is so high it is holding him up in the air. I will get pics as soon as i can.
thanks again. =)
Back to top Go down
"L Number mad
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
My Common Bristlenose Issue 12-38

Male Number of posts : 223
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:54 pm

I know my advice is a bit late now as they have already spawned, but if i notice the female getting large i feed her on courgette and bloodworm to condition her also i do every other day a cold water change until they breed, also i agree with the others i would remove two of the males as the breeding male my feel threatend and eat the eggs if one of the other males tries to enter his area. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kurosaki J
V.I.P Member
Kurosaki J

Male Number of posts : 1496
Thank You Points : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Nice one - Congrats on the spawn Zane cheers
Sounds like a good one to if the male is suspended well above the eggs .
Glad to hear it wasn't a medical issue aswell.
cheers J

Last edited by Kurosaki J on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Curby
The Boss
The Boss
Curby

Male Number of posts : 3597
Job/hobbies : Manager
Humor : Comedian
Thank You Points : 77
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Great Advice all, and good to see all your hard work has finally paid off a massive WELL DONE ZANE cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.bristlenosecatfishworld.com
816johnv
V.I.P Member
816johnv

Male Number of posts : 700
Job/hobbies : Breeding Plecs, Football and most other sports
Thank You Points : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:11 am

Great advice guys.... exactly what i do to trigger a spawn just for future reference if you are worried that it could be bloat feed crushed peas this cures it 9 times out of 10

let us know how many little ones you get mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Common Bristlenose Issue   My Common Bristlenose Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

My Common Bristlenose Issue
Page 1 of 1