Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Killer Bn pleco Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Killer Bn pleco Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Killer Bn pleco

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mpfsr
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
mpfsr

Male Number of posts : 98
Thank You Points : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-18

Killer Bn pleco Empty
PostSubject: Killer Bn pleco   Killer Bn pleco EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi all been a while for me. I have a problem and wonder if anyone as ever had a fish as mean or smart as this one. This might sound strange but I have a 2 year old Albino BN common pleco thats about 4.5". Over the past 4 weeks I have found 4 dead fish in his cave. The first couple were rainbow fish and the last was a 4" male krib. He seems to wait till a fish swims in his cave then he swims in and don't let it out. And just muches them to the bones. These are all very healthy strong fish so I know he did not carry them in there after they died. In fact the Krib was in full mating colors just yesterday and now is dead and half eaten. I have never seen or heard a BN do something like this...... Killer Bn pleco 3621428690 Killer Bn pleco 3235774899
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

Killer Bn pleco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Killer Bn pleco   Killer Bn pleco EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:11 pm

i doubt it is him activly hunting. as clever as they are they are not that clever. i suspect what you are observing is territorial protection of his cave followed by oppertunistic feeding. rainbows and kribs are known for liking caves and if he spots on go into his cave he will get protective and try and take it back resulting in a fight which the other fish will always loose...even oscars know not to take on a bristlnose!

once the fish is dead, he prob thinks 'why not?...om nom nom nom'
Back to top Go down

Killer Bn pleco
Page 1 of 1