Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

they won't breed!! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

they won't breed!! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

they won't breed!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon O
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Brandon O

Number of posts : 164
Thank You Points : 3
Registration date : 2011-03-20

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 am

i have a male common BN the i had with a female he has had bred with twice then they stopped breeding for like months and months. Then out of the blue she died. i also had an albino female with about 3 males hoping she would go with one of them but she didn't so i put her in her own tank with the now widowed male and they aren't breeding either and shes the only adult female i have. I DON'T KNOW WUT TO DO!!!

P.S. wut size do females become breeding size?
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:42 am

Hi,how long have they been together and how is the tank set up? How big is the female and also what do you feed? Have you any photos of the fish and set up?
Back to top Go down
Brandon O
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Brandon O

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:48 am

they have been together a few months now. I heard its better if theres only one cave in the tank. Shes gotta be at least 3 1/2"
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 pm

What is the temperature and have you got bog wood in the tank?In my opinion it is better to have more than 1 cave.

Tank set up would help,any other fish (if so what) Paremeters? It may just be a case of her not being ready yet but the info i have asked for will help.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

How often do you check the tank? i.e. clean, move stuff around, look in the cave etc?

Could be a case of over anxious parent being a turnoff for the kids.

My thoughts on this are simple. Stop all triggers for at least a month. Just focus on getting the tank spot on perfect. after a month if they have not laid then post back up here and we can tell you what to do Smile
Back to top Go down
Brandon O
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Brandon O

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 am

its around 80 and yes there is wood in it
Back to top Go down
Ony
Small Fry
Small Fry
Ony

Number of posts : 25
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2012-08-02

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am

Brandon O wrote:
they have been together a few months now. I heard its better if theres only one cave in the tank. Shes gotta be at least 3 1/2"

My female has just had her first fry and she is just under 2 1/2 inches, the male is only 1/2 an inch bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

they won't breed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they won't breed!!   they won't breed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

they won't breed!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bristlenose World :: Bristlenose Main Area :: The Breeding Cave-
Jump to: