Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carolan
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Carolan

Female Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : plant mom
Humor : definitely!!!!
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-13

All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL Empty
PostSubject: All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL   All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 am

Was so interesting and wanted to log everything about my little batch of Dwarf Bn crosses but I went to do a water change and all of about 20 I think, escaped into the plants and substrate so yea, I have been embarrassed to even update this project. I know they will come out have seen a couple- they're super cute!!!

But as for good scientific process and procedure- all out the window now !!! All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL 1899675697
Anyways there is the truth and sorry am having a tough time writing this as I still find this so funny, how things go!!!! until Lil' Miss's next batch!!! or until these little guys are a bit bigger and not so shy!
Carolan
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL   All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi carolan,are they the only fry in the tank? If so then there isn't a problem.You can still watch their progress and see how they turn out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carolan
Juvenile Bristlenose
Juvenile Bristlenose
Carolan

Female Number of posts : 123
Job/hobbies : plant mom
Humor : definitely!!!!
Thank You Points : 9
Registration date : 2011-12-13

PostSubject: Re: All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL   All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Unfortunately, I wish they were the only fry!!! Embarassed That is why it is so funny, I can only laugh because I have other young fry born a few days apart, they are all hiding amongst the plants, and in the wood. Thay do come out to graze on the wood closest to where I can see them but they are still so young are quite quick to dart off- which is good- normal behaviour- so that is a bonus!

But in all honesty it is a blessing anyways! The ones I do see are looking good and healthy but I can not in all honesty tell the difference yet, anymore.They blend into the wood and with the plants so well!!!! They are all super dark in color- so almost black very cute but that is about the only thing I can say for sure thier color is quite dark.

Hoping as with Lil' Miss at about 3-5 months or so they will start growing very differently, wider bodies and a shortened apearance. Also will be more careful next time she lays- I honestly did not think they would develop as quickly as they did- that was a COMPLETE surprise to me.

I have a question for anyone: Does anyone know or have any thoughts as to why their development was so quick and accelerated in comparison to all my other fry- same tank, same food, same conditions, different parents is all but really a BIG surprise to me.
Thanks in advance,
Carolan [center]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL   All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL Empty

Back to top Go down

All my little fry have escaped into the tank!!!LOL
Page 1 of 1