Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Angel that didn't read the books... Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

Angel that didn't read the books... Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Angel that didn't read the books...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

Angel that didn't read the books... Empty
PostSubject: Angel that didn't read the books...   Angel that didn't read the books... EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:05 am

This female Angel (the standard silver) is perfectly willing to allow two males to fertilize and guard her spawns. She is at least a year older than either male. It actually makes sense from her perspective - twice the chance of fertile eggs, and twice the protection for them. When actually spawning, the males cooperate. In between spawnings the larger, younger male (the streaked black) does make minor attempts to drive off the other. The female seems to ignore this and spends time with both males without any visible preference. Neither male is ever aggressive or rough with her as is sometimes seen in paired Angels- I think this may be due to her age advantage. Anyone had a similar experience with Angels?

Angel that didn't read the books... 50885310Angel that didn't read the books... Angelt10
Back to top Go down
ktk05
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
ktk05

Female Number of posts : 381
Job/hobbies : Registered Respiratory Therapist @ hospital
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Angel that didn't read the books...   Angel that didn't read the books... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 am

That is so interesting! And I love your black angelfish, he's beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Nitwig
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 3
Thank You Points : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Nope!   Angel that didn't read the books... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 am

My angelfish used to be like World War 3 until the females ran out of eggs. My conclusion: You, your Angelfish, Your weird Chinese Algae eater and your breadheaded dog are all nuts! All in a good way though!
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Angel that didn't read the books...   Angel that didn't read the books... EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:26 am

Nitwig wrote:
My angelfish used to be like World War 3 until the females ran out of eggs. My conclusion: You, your Angelfish, Your weird Chinese Algae eater and your breadheaded dog are all nuts! All in a good way though!

Angel that didn't read the books... 1975869332 Thanks Nitwig, you're probably right..... gotta go, MEDICATION TIME!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel that didn't read the books...   Angel that didn't read the books... Empty

Back to top Go down

Angel that didn't read the books...
Page 1 of 1