Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My first post - Glad I found this board! Button
Bristlenose World
Don't forget to vote for Bristlenose World Smile

My first post - Glad I found this board! Button
Bristlenose World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My first post - Glad I found this board!

Go down 
+3
ktk05
Bristlenoses
Batt4Christ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Batt4Christ
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Number of posts : 1
Thank You Points : 0
Registration date : 2013-02-21

My first post - Glad I found this board! Empty
PostSubject: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I am so glad I found this page! I have grown very attached to Ancistrus!

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of my own:

My first post - Glad I found this board! 2yn5av7

That guy is in my 55g tank, with three angelfish, a school of Blue/Red Columbian Tetras, a school of Rummynose Tetras, a few Corydoras , and a single Siamese Algae Eater. The tank is generally medium to heavy planted, though I have recently thinned it out.

My other tank is a 29g that is definitely a "heavy" planted tank. It is home to a male and female albino ancistrus - the male is a Butterfly albino. I cannot find a picture on this computer to upload of them.

Of interest (at least to me) - several months back, I had let the 29g become EXTREMELY overgrown. The tetras tank were having a hard time finding swimming room!). AT the time, there was a school of Blue/Red Columbians in the tank. First I noticed a massive hatch of those tetras. Then I noticed that the pair of Ancistrus had also had a batch of fry - as I counted 20+ tiny juveniles. Unfortunately, I was unable to save any of them. They were in the tank one evening, the next - gone. They pair hasn't apparently "tried" again.
Back to top Go down
Bristlenoses
V.I.P Member

Female Number of posts : 992
Job/hobbies : Bristlenoses,photography,animals,nature,drawing and painting,films,books,internet.
Thank You Points : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-26

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi and welcome to Bristlenoseworld My first post - Glad I found this board! 1514952399

Bristlenoses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ktk05
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
ktk05

Female Number of posts : 381
Job/hobbies : Registered Respiratory Therapist @ hospital
Thank You Points : 17
Registration date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 am

My first post - Glad I found this board! 2237622033 Hello! Maybe someone here can help you get your guys Into top shape for breeding. To start, try feeding them cucumber, zucchini, or no salt added green beans on a daily basis. Do they have a cave? Wood? Tell us more Smile
Back to top Go down
Silvashadow
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Silvashadow

Female Number of posts : 249
Job/hobbies : Quest for the unusual plecos!
Humor : Om nom nom?
Thank You Points : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:17 pm

Welcome mate Very Happy

Sorry to hear you lost your first batch. It's likely to have been something wrong with the water. Try conditioning your pair. There's lots of info here in the forums to help you out and lots of helpful people!
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAMH
Fish Egg
Fish Egg

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Retired/Tropical Fish Breeding
Thank You Points : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi, I'm new here too! My first post - Glad I found this board! 1514952399
Back to top Go down
Sarahdd
Large Bristlenose
Large Bristlenose
Sarahdd

Female Number of posts : 223
Job/hobbies : Breeding DD, Koi, Blue & wild blood Angelfish, Purple Moscow Guppies, & BN. Catering to 3 cats, 1 dog, & 1 husband.
Humor : Messing with the dog and the husband- the cats are on to me.
Thank You Points : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-12

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 am

Batt4Christ wrote:

My other tank is a 29g that is definitely a "heavy" planted tank. It is home to a male and female albino ancistrus - the male is a Butterfly albino. I cannot find a picture on this computer to upload of them.

Of interest (at least to me) - several months back, I had let the 29g become EXTREMELY overgrown. The tetras tank were having a hard time finding swimming room!). AT the time, there was a school of Blue/Red Columbians in the tank. First I noticed a massive hatch of those tetras. Then I noticed that the pair of Ancistrus had also had a batch of fry - as I counted 20+ tiny juveniles. Unfortunately, I was unable to save any of them. They were in the tank one evening, the next - gone. They pair hasn't apparently "tried" again.

Hi, and welcome!
The disappearance of the BN fry is not a mystery if the school of adult Colombian Tetras was left in the tank? They would have eaten any emerged BN fry. Did the male BN have a cave,? If not, the tetras may have also gotten to the rest of the fry and your pair may not feel secure enough to spawn again, or have spawned and the tetras are discovering the wigglers or eggs sooner.

Sarah My first post - Glad I found this board! 4168505391
Back to top Go down
Doug
Bristlenose King
Bristlenose King
Doug

Male Number of posts : 3128
Job/hobbies : Aquatic ecologist/genetisist
Humor : yes please :)
Thank You Points : 198
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:01 pm

welcome mate!

Breeding the bristlenose is cool. breeding the tetra is more impressive though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first post - Glad I found this board!   My first post - Glad I found this board! Empty

Back to top Go down

My first post - Glad I found this board!
Page 1 of 1